1161Re: proposed comic book - "History of the Mulatto"

  • Erica (Raven) Branch-Butler
    Aug 26, 2006
      This is great, Jeff. Glad to hear you're doing this.

      I would love for *someone* to make the point that not all of us who
      are Multi-generationally mixed are so because of a slave owner in the
      family. In my case, my Mother's great-Grandfather (maternal side) was
      Irish, her great Grandmother was mostly Native. Neither were slave owners.

      Raven

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      j s <creolescience@...> wrote:

      I am working on an all-ages ( say 6th grade and up ) short graphic
      novel depicting the general history of the mulatto in the new world. I
      will use the broad definition of mulatto as a person who is mixed
      black and white as opposed to the strict bi-racial / 50-50 definition.

      In it I plan on including the slave trade, the one-drop rule,
      history of the Creoles and tri-racial isolates, the early civil-rights
      movement (which was basically created and led by mulattoes), the
      Harlem Renaissance as well as the modern developing "mixed-race movement".

      If anyone has any areas they feel need to be stressed or ideas
      please feel free to write me directly.

      Regards,
      Jeff
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic