1159Re: proposed comic book - "History of the Mulatto"

    Aug 26, 2006
      Hi Jeff,

      Wow!!  This is great news and it is so good to hear how you
      are / have been coming so far along with the comic series that
      you are creating –– as well as to hear about all the areas of
      Mulatto-based history that you are planning to include in it.

      It looks to me like you most certainly have covered /
      are covering all the major topical areas – and -- what
      may be particularly intriguing for many readers –
      I think – will be their discovery (through your comic
      book) of how so many successful historical events
      and movements (such as 'The Harlem Renaissance'
      and 'The American Civil Rights Movement'; etc.) were
      largely led by those who were of a Mulatto lineage.

      Even fewer people seem to realize that (
      as sad as it
      is to have to say
      ) even the rather divisive (and racist,
      'one-drop rule' embracing
      ) `Black-Power' movement
      (
      which was revived in the late 1960's / early 1970's and
      openly exploited by the American / Western media and
      political system to try to usurp and replace the earlier
      and extremely successful  'Civil Rights Movement'
      )
      was also largely led by people who quite openly and
      clearly of a known (and even visible) Mulatto lineage
      (ex. Malcom Little/Malcolm X'; Muhammed Elijah; etc,)

      And – I'm sure many will agree with me when I say –
      – I can hardly wait to see what you are creating -- it is
      so exciting to hear what your are doing and of the big
      picture direction in which you are taking this endeavor.

      -- A P

      P.S.

      A good resource for information on the people of
      Mulatto-lineage who were actively involved in and
      lead `The American Civil Rights Movement'  ––
      would be the VHS/DVD Video documentary series
      known as `Eyes on the Prize' (which can be found
      available at most Public and University Libraries).

      Also -- your inclusion of  some of the numerous
      (and extremely diverse) Mixed-Race that are
      largely of a Mulatto-based ancestral-lineage
      (ex. Tri-Racials, Tri-Racial Isolates, Creoles, etc.)
      -- is simply fantastic and very much appreciated.

      In Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
      j s <creolescience@...> wrote:

        I am working on an all-ages ( say 6th grade and up ) short graphic
      novel depicting the general history of the mulatto in the new world.
      I will use the broad definition of mulatto as a person who is mixed
      black and white as opposed to the strict bi-racial / 50-50 definition.

        In it I plan on including the slave trade, the one-drop rule,
      history of the Creoles and tri-racial isolates, the early
      civil-rights movement (which was basically created and
      led by mulattoes), the Harlem Renaissance as well
      as the modern developing "mixed-race movement".

        If anyone has any areas they feel need to be stressed
      or ideas please feel free to write me directly.

      Regards,
      Jeff
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic