Re: FAN EVENT

  • kb3lfg
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 7, 2010
      Sounds great. I will try to keep April free and will plan on attending. I will be coming by myself. I live in northern Maryland so I will plan on driving up to Reading.

      Jeff
      Yahoo ID: kb3lfg

      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

      > Thinking about a fan club event for a weekend in April to include tour of the Reading Museum exhibit, a show in the auditorium where we can show some of the old shows and invite special guests like Judy Bell ( Debbie Dibley ), Jim Hirschfeld ( best director of my show went on to work with Capt. Kangeroo and Mary Tyler Moore ), Gloria Samulelson ( played the Wicked Witch on my Oz show and other parts ), Randy Brenner and others.
      > We can tell stories and answer questions, I can draw and have the time of my life.
      >
      > whadahyahthink?
      > We'll need to determine dates, how many are coming, costs involved, etc.  We can publicize this thru the fan club site and in other ways  --  let's put the word out and start asking for ideas and help from people with contacts for publicity, planning, car pools, etc.
      >

      > I know the new owners of The Stirling Mansion which is really exquisite and we might have an event there ( breakfast or lunch ? )  but I definitely want to keep the price as reasonable as we can so that everyone who wants to come can attend  --  maybe there can be separate tickets for different events and people can decide which events they want to attend.
      >

      > this is all in the formative stages...but i think it sounds pretty good.  Let me hear your thoughts.
      >
      > Gene

    • kb3lfg
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 7, 2010
        Am I correct in assuming that this event will be open to all fans of the show who want to attend, or is this just limited to members of the Yahoo group?

        If it is open to all, I will email some of my relatives and friends (that are old enough to remember the show) to see if any of them are interested in attending.

        Jef, KB3LFG

        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

        > Thinking about a fan club event for a weekend in April to include tour of the Reading Museum exhibit, a show in the auditorium where we can show some of the old shows and invite special guests like Judy Bell ( Debbie Dibley ), Jim Hirschfeld ( best director of my show went on to work with Capt. Kangeroo and Mary Tyler Moore ), Gloria Samulelson ( played the Wicked Witch on my Oz show and other parts ), Randy Brenner and others.
        > We can tell stories and answer questions, I can draw and have the time of my life.
        >
        > whadahyahthink?
        > We'll need to determine dates, how many are coming, costs involved, etc.  We can publicize this thru the fan club site and in other ways  --  let's put the word out and start asking for ideas and help from people with contacts for publicity, planning, car pools, etc.
        >

        > I know the new owners of The Stirling Mansion which is really exquisite and we might have an event there ( breakfast or lunch ? )  but I definitely want to keep the price as reasonable as we can so that everyone who wants to come can attend  --  maybe there can be separate tickets for different events and people can decide which events they want to attend.
        >

        > this is all in the formative stages...but i think it sounds pretty good.  Let me hear your thoughts.
        >
        > Gene

      • Susan Beriau
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
          if at all possible, i will descend down from the wild of vermont to attend, for sure!!!!!    sooo excited!!                          :)

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
            Count me in too! Once the date/place is finalized, I can post to groups on Facebook and place an ad in th philly Reviews.
          • mcq14
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
              Another enthusiastic vote of Yes! One more person in for this event.

              --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

              > Thinking about a fan club event for a weekend in April to include tour of the Reading Museum exhibit, a show in the auditorium where we can show some of the old shows and invite special guests like Judy Bell ( Debbie Dibley ), Jim Hirschfeld ( best director of my show went on to work with Capt. Kangeroo and Mary Tyler Moore ), Gloria Samulelson ( played the Wicked Witch on my Oz show and other parts ), Randy Brenner and others.
              > We can tell stories and answer questions, I can draw and have the time of my life.
              >
              > whadahyahthink?
              > We'll need to determine dates, how many are coming, costs involved, etc.  We can publicize this thru the fan club site and in other ways  --  let's put the word out and start asking for ideas and help from people with contacts for publicity, planning, car pools, etc.
              >

              > I know the new owners of The Stirling Mansion which is really exquisite and we might have an event there ( breakfast or lunch ? )  but I definitely want to keep the price as reasonable as we can so that everyone who wants to come can attend  --  maybe there can be separate tickets for different events and people can decide which events they want to attend.
              >

              > this is all in the formative stages...but i think it sounds pretty good.  Let me hear your thoughts.
              >
              > Gene

            • CheerMom140
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
                One thing for sure - we definitely need to serve some Nestles Quick (if they still make it) - one of my most cherished memories is being picked by Gene to be the kid to taste the Strawberry Quick that was always being advertised on the show.  My brother was so jealous!

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
                  For those of us who live some distance away, it would be wonderful if part, if not all of the reunion were archived online.

                  PLEASE SEND YOUR E-MAILS AND REPLIES TO BOTH E-MAIL ADDRESSES:
                  Evening: 847-382-1502
                  Cell: 224-578-2987
                  Sales Associate at Steinway of Chicago: 630-512-8830

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
                    Any fan that wishes to attend is absolutely welcome!! and tell others and pass it along and tell some more people too!!

                    --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "kb3lfg" <jeffamatth@...> wrote:

                    > Am I correct in assuming that this event will be open to all fans of the show who want to attend, or is this just limited to members of the Yahoo group?
                    >
                    > If it is open to all, I will email some of my relatives and friends (that are old enough to remember the show) to see if any of them are interested in attending.
                    >
                    > Jef, KB3LFG
                    >

                    > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, John Baker <bakerjohnp1958@> wrote:

                    > > Thinking about a fan club event for a weekend in April to include tour of the Reading Museum exhibit, a show in the auditorium where we can show some of the old shows and invite special guests like Judy Bell ( Debbie Dibley ), Jim Hirschfeld ( best director of my show went on to work with Capt. Kangeroo and Mary Tyler Moore ), Gloria Samulelson ( played the Wicked Witch on my Oz show and other parts ), Randy Brenner and others.
                    > > We can tell stories and answer questions, I can draw and have the time of my life.
                    > >
                    > > whadahyahthink?
                    > > We'll need to determine dates, how many are coming, costs involved, etc.  We can publicize this thru the fan club site and in other ways  --  let's put the word out and start asking for ideas and help from people with contacts for publicity, planning, car pools, etc.
                    > >

                    > > I know the new owners of The Stirling Mansion which is really exquisite and we might have an event there ( breakfast or lunch ? )  but I definitely want to keep the price as reasonable as we can so that everyone who wants to come can attend  --  maybe there can be separate tickets for different events and people can decide which events they want to attend.
                    > >

                    > > this is all in the formative stages...but i think it sounds pretty good.  Let me hear your thoughts.
                    > >
                    > > Gene

                  • Lori
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 8, 2010
                      At 09:43 AM 2/8/2010, you wrote:

                      >One thing for sure - we definitely need to serve some Nestles Quick
                      >(if they still make it) - one of my most cherished memories is being
                      >picked by Gene to be the kid to taste the Strawberry Quick that was
                      >always being advertised on the show. My brother was so jealous!

                      Now *I'M* jealous!!!!

                      Lori :-)

                      PS N E S T L E S...Nestles makes the very best...chooooooooclate!
                    • barbara fowler
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 9, 2010
                        I'm SOOOOOO! Excited!!!!! Count Me and my Hubby IN!!!!!

                        Barb F