Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Christmas cards and question

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2009
      At 07:53 PM 11/23/2009, you wrote:

      >Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a copy of the tape I
      >want? I wrote in a previous post and didn't get a response. Please let me know.
      >Thank you.
      >Victoria Snyder

      I hope you get a response, Victoria. Your story was wonderful! That
      would be the ultimate cherished gift!

      Warmly,
      Lori
    • piperspaper
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, vikkijr326@... wrote:

        > The reason I joined was because my husband and his sister were on the Gene London Show back in the 1970's. I am too young to remember the show, but I hear about it often and the story is very cool. My husband and his sister Stacy were on the show because Stacy was asked by the producers to come on and read her poems. I guess she was 6 or 7 years old and my husband was 5 or 6. Anyway, Stacy Snyder came on the show and read her poems and my husband was an artist so Gene just to be nice quickly showed my husbands picture of a dragon, I believe he said it was a dragon. A few years passed and Stacy passed away. My husband always remembers the time they were on The Gene London Show and so I would love to know how to get a copy of the tape. Can anyone direct me? I would love to surprise him with this amazing gift. If anyone has any information on how I can get this please respond. Thank you for listening and please let me know.
        > VLS

        There are very few tapes of the original shows left. WCAU is rumored to have some in their vaults and Gene himself has some but I believe many of the tapes were reused, lost or destroyed. That's sad.
        Piper
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2010
          Gene has some tapes in his possession, a limited number I'm afraid, these are being transferred..We are going to try WCAU again who "Moved" what they had in the archives. Gene was on for 19 yrs..some were repeated calculating 52 X 19 - pre- emtions and repeats your still looking at over 800 maybe closer to 900 episodes...It would be wonderful to have every episode...and package them according to format or in a form that would sample all the formats...Efforts have been ongoing to try and track down as many episodes as possible once we have a total and episode description... and Gene gives the OK....I'll post it here as well as how to get what hes makes available....