Re: Mrs. Dibley

  • Debbie Couture
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2009
      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "bakerjohnp1958"
      <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

      > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Jean McLain"
      > <j.triol@> wrote:
      > >all I know is on that salary Gene must have slept in Quigley mansion
      > or never left the store. As for eating, well that's 3 1/2 cents worth
      > of Penny candy a week. My guess is though knowing the old skin flint
      > as I do, old dibble puss fixed the register so Gene would always come
      > up 4 1/2 cents short every week. So he'd be in debt, at least 2 cents
      > a week. The raise left him still a cent behind. A clever ruse on his
      > part to keep the best employee ever, Yet, still Kind of like an
      > indentured servant. I haven't seen wages or treatment like that since
      > I was in school and worked retail part time. Well, it felt like 3 1/2
      > cents a week anyway.
      > > Wow, I NEVER thought that I would see someone sticking up for Mr.
      > Dibbley.
      > > What kind of sick-o are you?? (Just kidding, of course -- LOL)
      > >
      > > Jeannie
      > >
      > > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM, lipsite <lipsite@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > --- In
      > Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
      > ers%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > > Well, John, i remember that Gene's salary of two and a half cents
      > was
      > > > once raised by Mr. Dibley to three and a half cents! That's an
      > > > increase, if my math is right, of seventy-five percent! When was
      > the
      > > > last time you had a raise of that high a percentage!

      > Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
      > ers%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > > "ewestray"
      > Dr.
      > planet of
      > > > had.
      > > > difficult
      > used at
      > > > available
      > > > PS.
      > window
      > > > and
      > Dibley)
      > > > As
      > > > toward
      > > > ever

      That would be so great if he could get them transfered to a more
      digital friendly format. I was on the show in 1959 or 60. I really
      don't remember much ( I was only 4 yrs old) except that he had someone
      on there that made homemade pretzels. I got to sit on Genes lap,( I
      had a huge crush on him) and he helped me make my pretzel.
      I also remember being crushed when the episode aired in B&W cause my
      dress was such a pretty pink.