Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: A Song about a man & his horse

  • Nichole Daniels
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2008
      John -

      That somehow doesn't surprise me about the footage somehow turning up "missing"...I'm sure that someone somewhere knows where it is or what happened to it, but unfortunately they are probably not going to come forward with anything or any information.  But we can hope that information will turn up to help find the missing film/and or archived footage.

      I appreciate anything you can locate, even if it's just an excerpt.  I have a feeling that my husband remembers the basics of the song, and other family members may remember a time frame if that might help in possibly locating the episode or excerpt.

      Thanks, and please keep me posted.  If I can possibly get any further info that might help you please let me know.

      Nichole

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2008
        <nldaniels88@...> wrote:
        > There is a poem by Anne kingsmill Finch called A man and a horse
        there is also a popular song by Singer/Actor Vaughn Monroe called a
        man and his horse. Vaugn MMonroe recorded this for the sound track of
        the film the "Toughest man in Arizona" In which Monroe starred
        uinlike the poem it's more of a traditional "Western/Cowboy song and
        it may be where Gene got the Lyrics. While I'm waiting for Gene's
        reply I can send or post a copy of the lyrics which may spark a
        memory for someone a to whether this is what Gene sang or not.