Mrs. Dibley

  • ewestray
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2008
      Hi Everyone,
      Does anyone have a picture of Mrs. Dibley?
      Is it possible to get old videos of some of
      the episodes? I remember the episodes with
      the spaceship and the villan, Victor Snyde.
      These are old childhood memories that would
      be great to revisit.
      Eric
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2008
        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "ewestray"
        <ewestray@...> wrote:
        >Hi, Eric, The Spaceship episode is very vivid. Where the evil Dr.
        ties up the good professor and disguises himself. Mam is very
        involved in this story. The underground spaceship and the planet of
        the apes episode are among my favorites. Recently the tapes at
        WCAU "went missing" not long after Gene made a list of what they had.
        However he does have video in his possession and is in the difficult
        process of transferring the old format (difficult because most
        facilities don't handle the "standard" larger tape that was used at
        the time.) So it's a slow process, As soon as I know what's available
        and when, I'll post it and tell you how to get it. Thanks, John. PS.
        have you viewed the video in the files section under story window and
        opening theme clip? I will look for a picture of Mam (Mrs. Dibley) As
        I recall she was a stocky woman with auburn hair and friendly toward
        Gene as a contrast to old dibble puss (Mr. dibley) well, we only ever
        heard one sided conversations and never saw the man, but he was,
        pretty mean to Gene and Cheap.
        > Hi Everyone,
        > Does anyone have a picture of Mrs. Dibley?
        > Is it possible to get old videos of some of
        > the episodes? I remember the episodes with
        > the spaceship and the villan, Victor Snyde.
        > These are old childhood memories that would
        > be great to revisit.
        > Eric

      • lipsite
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
          --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "bakerjohnp1958"
          <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

          >but he was,
          > pretty mean to Gene and Cheap.<

          Well, John, i remember that Gene's salary of two and a half cents was
          once raised by Mr. Dibley to three and a half cents! That's an
          increase, if my math is right, of seventy-five percent! When was the
          last time you had a raise of that high a percentage!

          > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "ewestray"
          > <ewestray@> wrote:
          > >Hi, Eric, The Spaceship episode is very vivid. Where the evil Dr.
          > ties up the good professor and disguises himself. Mam is very
          > involved in this story. The underground spaceship and the planet of
          > the apes episode are among my favorites. Recently the tapes at
          > WCAU "went missing" not long after Gene made a list of what they
          had.
          > However he does have video in his possession and is in the
          difficult
          > process of transferring the old format (difficult because most
          > facilities don't handle the "standard" larger tape that was used at
          > the time.) So it's a slow process, As soon as I know what's
          available
          > and when, I'll post it and tell you how to get it. Thanks, John.
          PS.
          > have you viewed the video in the files section under story window
          and
          > opening theme clip? I will look for a picture of Mam (Mrs. Dibley)
          As
          > I recall she was a stocky woman with auburn hair and friendly
          toward
          > Gene as a contrast to old dibble puss (Mr. dibley) well, we only
          ever
          > heard one sided conversations and never saw the man, but he was,
          > pretty mean to Gene and Cheap.
          > > Hi Everyone,
          > > Does anyone have a picture of Mrs. Dibley?
          > > Is it possible to get old videos of some of
          > > the episodes? I remember the episodes with
          > > the spaceship and the villan, Victor Snyde.
          > > These are old childhood memories that would
          > > be great to revisit.
          > > Eric

        • Jean McLain
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
            Wow, I NEVER thought that I would see someone sticking up for Mr. Dibbley. What kind of sick-o are you?? (Just kidding, of course -- LOL)

            Jeannie

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2008
              --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Jean McLain"
              <j.triol@...> wrote:
              >all I know is on that salary Gene must have slept in Quigley mansion
              or never left the store. As for eating, well that's 3 1/2 cents worth
              of Penny candy a week. My guess is though knowing the old skin flint
              as I do, old dibble puss fixed the register so Gene would always come
              up 4 1/2 cents short every week. So he'd be in debt, at least 2 cents
              a week. The raise left him still a cent behind. A clever ruse on his
              part to keep the best employee ever, Yet, still Kind of like an
              indentured servant. I haven't seen wages or treatment like that since
              I was in school and worked retail part time. Well, it felt like 3 1/2
              cents a week anyway.
              > Wow, I NEVER thought that I would see someone sticking up for Mr.
              Dibbley.
              > What kind of sick-o are you?? (Just kidding, of course -- LOL)
              >
              > Jeannie
              >
              > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM, lipsite <lipsite@...> wrote:
              >
              > > --- In
              Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
              ers%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "bakerjohnp1958"
              > > <bakerjohnp1958@> wrote:
              > >
              > > >but he was,
              > > > pretty mean to Gene and Cheap.<
              > >
              > > Well, John, i remember that Gene's salary of two and a half cents
              was
              > > once raised by Mr. Dibley to three and a half cents! That's an
              > > increase, if my math is right, of seventy-five percent! When was
              the
              > > last time you had a raise of that high a percentage!
              > >

              > > > --- In
              Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
              ers%40yahoogroups.com>,
              Dr.
              > > > ties up the good professor and disguises himself. Mam is very
              > > > involved in this story. The underground spaceship and the
              planet of
              > > > the apes episode are among my favorites. Recently the tapes at
              > > > WCAU "went missing" not long after Gene made a list of what they
              > > had.
              > > > However he does have video in his possession and is in the
              > > difficult
              > > > process of transferring the old format (difficult because most
              > > > facilities don't handle the "standard" larger tape that was
              used at
              > > > the time.) So it's a slow process, As soon as I know what's
              > > available
              > > > and when, I'll post it and tell you how to get it. Thanks, John.
              > > PS.
              > > > have you viewed the video in the files section under story
              window
              > > and
              > > > opening theme clip? I will look for a picture of Mam (Mrs.
              Dibley)
              > > As
              > > > I recall she was a stocky woman with auburn hair and friendly
              > > toward
              > > > Gene as a contrast to old dibble puss (Mr. dibley) well, we only
              > > ever
              > > > heard one sided conversations and never saw the man, but he was,
              > > > pretty mean to Gene and Cheap.

            • Debbie Couture
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 30, 2009
                <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:

                > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Jean McLain"
                > <j.triol@> wrote:
                > >all I know is on that salary Gene must have slept in Quigley mansion
                > or never left the store. As for eating, well that's 3 1/2 cents worth
                > of Penny candy a week. My guess is though knowing the old skin flint
                > as I do, old dibble puss fixed the register so Gene would always come
                > up 4 1/2 cents short every week. So he'd be in debt, at least 2 cents
                > a week. The raise left him still a cent behind. A clever ruse on his
                > part to keep the best employee ever, Yet, still Kind of like an
                > indentured servant. I haven't seen wages or treatment like that since
                > I was in school and worked retail part time. Well, it felt like 3 1/2
                > cents a week anyway.
                > > Wow, I NEVER thought that I would see someone sticking up for Mr.
                > Dibbley.
                > > What kind of sick-o are you?? (Just kidding, of course -- LOL)
                > >
                > > Jeannie
                > >
                > > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM, lipsite <lipsite@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > --- In
                > Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
                > ers%40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > > Well, John, i remember that Gene's salary of two and a half cents
                > was
                > > > once raised by Mr. Dibley to three and a half cents! That's an
                > > > increase, if my math is right, of seventy-five percent! When was
                > the
                > > > last time you had a raise of that high a percentage!

                > Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com<Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corn
                > ers%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > > > "ewestray"
                > Dr.
                > planet of
                > > > had.
                > > > difficult
                > used at
                > > > available
                > > > PS.
                > window
                > > > and
                > Dibley)
                > > > As
                > > > toward
                > > > ever

                That would be so great if he could get them transfered to a more
                digital friendly format. I was on the show in 1959 or 60. I really
                don't remember much ( I was only 4 yrs old) except that he had someone
                on there that made homemade pretzels. I got to sit on Genes lap,( I
                had a huge crush on him) and he helped me make my pretzel.
                I also remember being crushed when the episode aired in B&W cause my
                dress was such a pretty pink.