Re: Episode question

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 11, 2008
      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "pamrenn"
      <pamrenn@...> wrote:
      >Thanks Pam! I just looked over my episodes of H.r puff 'n' stuff and
      it's been a long time, but sure enough "oranges poranges" was from
      H.R puf 'n' stuff. Thanks so much for that quick reply.

      Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "bakerjohnp1958"
      > <bakerjohnp1958@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, <jem491960@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >It would be great to have that episode to watch, hearing you
      > recall
      > > it makes me want to see it.
      > > >
      > > > That scenario (witch throwing oranges) sounds vaguely familiar,
      > but
      > > I just can't remember.
      > > >
      > > > Does anyone remember the episode where Mr. Dibbley was going to
      > > Chicago, leaving Debbie Dibbley home alone so Gene could FINALLY
      > > spend some time with her? Gene was dancing around the store
      > > singing, "CHICago, CHICago (Mr. Dibbley's going to) CHICago"
      > > >
      > > > I am 48 years old, and EVERY time I have ever heard the
      > > song "Chicago, Chicago", my mind adds the words "Mr. Dibbley's
      > going
      > > to" LOL.
      > > >
      > > > Gene was my first love, and I will always love him...
      > > >
      > > > Jeannie
      > > >

      > > > To: Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@: bakerjohnp1958@: Thu, 11
      > > Sep 2008 20:43:45 +0000Subject: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners]
      > > Episode question
      > > >

      > > > Hi, everyoneWe recieved a question from a fan of the show
      asking
      > > about an episode. Maybe some of you can recall it.was there an
      > > episode where a witch was throwing oranges and shouting, "oranges
      > > porges". Does any one remember that? If so I'd like to know any
      of
      > > the details you remember about the whole episode, was it in black
      > and
      > > white/color?, the context of the scene in the episode, all about
      > the
      > > episode. Was it a 60's or 70's episode. Just anything someone
      might
      > > remember. as a matter of fact, if you wouldtell me about all the
      > > episodes you remember. Thanks, Johnjust a

    • pamrenn
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 11, 2008
        you are welcome John, funny isn't it? i can remember lines from a
        silly song 40 years ago but can't remember to send in my condo fee
        check!!!lol thanks for the group, i enjoy it

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 11, 2008
          <pamrenn@...> wrote:
          >It's here for all Gene's friends and fans and for any one who wants
          to find out about it. I know sonce I started the group I find out so
          much I didn't know before. Thanks again Pam and to everyone.

        • fnkrump@baileytechnical.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008

            Hi Everyone,
            Does anybody remember an episode where a boy named Chip was trapped inside
            Quigley mansion and Gene had to rescue him ?

            thank you
            Eddie

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008
              --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, fnkrump@...

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                wrote:

                > > Hi, Eddie,
                I asked Gene about a character named "Chip" who was trapped in
                Quigley mansion and although he didn't readily recall it, he said it
                was possible as Quigley mansion was pretty spooky, musty and
                dangerous. That's why I wish all the video was available then I could
                view it and have it (to enjoy of course) but also for research to
                answer questions such as yours and to log and date the shows for a
                companion book. It's too bad the TV guide didn't give descriptions
                for each episode that info would be invaluable. Take care, John

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                  thank you, John. I appreciate that you asked Gene. it was kind of you.

                  take care,
                  Eddie

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                    wrote:
                    > No problem buddy, that's what the sites for. I asked him not long
                    after you posted and Gene being as thoughtful as he his wanted to
                    ponder it. ultimately he concluded that he'd done so many that it was
                    possible, but it didn't stick out.
                    Off topic, but interesting though, a few in the group myself
                    included remembered a "Monkey's paw" story, does that ring a bell?
                    Gene thought on it and told me while he didn't recall it,he may have
                    done an adaptation, but not an exact re-telling. I mentioned that I
                    often thought it my have been a cross between the monkey's paw and
                    pandora's box. He vaguely recalled a pandora's box story, where
                    debbie opened it and let out all the trouble and the Golden fleece
                    saved the day! One memory sparks another, so any thing ayone recalls
                    is important. take care, John

                  • Scott Olson
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                      I remember the Monkey's Paw story vividly. I was born
                      in 62 and was late to the game with Gene's show. I
                      remember Quigley mansion and the story was supposedly
                      something that had happened years ago in Quigley
                      mansion and they did a re-creation as a flashback.
                      Then Gene and Mrs. Quigley found the box and the
                      monkey's paw. What happened after that, i don't
                      remember.

                      I do remember the Planet of the Apes story, I believe
                      a re-creation of the Wizard of Oz, and didn't his
                      girlfriend Debbie go to LA to become an actress and
                      was in a car accident at one point?

                      test'; ">
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, Scott Olson
                        <scott_olson_60640@...> wrote:
                        > Iwas also born in the mid 60's, but My older brothers and sisters
                        watched the show religiously so by the late sixties I was already a
                        fan.
                        Here's the way I remember the story, it began as a turn of the cenury
                        flash back, a family was around the table, someone brings the
                        monkey's paw to the house and terrible things occur. I recall Gene
                        playing the "son" who is brought back. Then it fades to the present
                        and I too am vague on the rest.
                        I remember when Gene realized Debbie was sitting on the trunk with
                        the golden fleece when she wished she could be a movie star, this was
                        a flash back episode to, I immediately missed debbie and wished she
                        would come home and Gene remarked to himself aloud that one day she
                        would. Maybe she still will, or maybe she did, a couple years after
                        we last saw Gene at the store. Wouldn't that make for a great story?
                        Gene did do a Wizard of OZ adaptation. more on that in the future.
                        I enjoy discussing all this and maybe some day soon we'll get to
                        see some of it again. Take care, John

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 30, 2008
                          >I remember the Monkey's Paw story, but only vaguely. I'd love to see it
                          again !