Steve's Bio

  • lipsite
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      Hi, all.

      I'm a member of this group and also work as an actor and writer. I
      emailed Gene and John a copy of my bio from a play I'm acting in as
      part of the Philly Fringe festival. John offered to post it here, as
      it mentions Cartoon Corners and Gene. I wasn't going to, as I thought
      it would look like a plug for the show (and hey, just click on the
      link or paste it into your browser for dates and showtimes!)but what
      the heck, here it is! If you don't want to read the whole big ball of
      egotism, just skip to the end, where the reference to GL is.

      Thanks,
      Steve

      John, Gene -

      I just wanted to send you a copy of my program bio for a play I'm
      acting in as part of the Philly Fringe festival -

      http://www.livearts-fringe.org/2008/details.cfm?id=5409

      I really wanted to mention my connection to Cartoon Corners, as it
      was so formative for my development as an artist. If you don't feel
      like reading the whole thing, the Gene London reference is near the
      bottom.
      Best,
      Steve

      STEVE LIPPE (Larry) Steve is delighted to debut with Danger Goddess,
      and thrilled to be working with Rowen Haigh again. Also for the
      Fringe, Steve will write a short play on Friday, Sept. 12th, that
      will be performed the next day as part of "Guaranteed Overnight
      Theatre". Steve just ended an incredible 6-year run with those mad
      masters of sketch comedy, The Waitstaff, where he served as
      writer/performer/producer. Previously, Steve was in "Sordid Lives"
      at Allen's Lane
      Theatre. Previous Fringe appearances include Cardboard Box
      Collaborative's "pu ber ty ",
      and the 2006 sleeper Fringe hit, "darKomedy", that Steve wrote,
      directed and performed in . Additional theatre credits include
      Theatre Exile and Vagabond, plus staged readings with Philadelphia
      Dramatists Center, and the late, lamented Brick Playhouse. Film
      appearances include Woody Allen's "Celebrity", Disney's
      "Enchanted",
      and
      the always running cable-TV favorite, "Mannequin". TV credits
      include "Late Night with Conan O'Brien", "The Chris Rock
      Show", plus
      an appearance with his brother and sister on "Cartoon Corners" with
      Gene London! As far as he can tell, Steve is the only actor EVER to
      play Charlie Chaplin on the radio, on WXPN's "Kid's Korner".
      Jesse,
      Tulip, Cassidy, where are you now?