Re: YouTube - WCAU 50th Anniversary

  • John Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2008

      Here is a brief clip of the WCAU 50th Anniversary special. there is a  very short clip of Gene in the studio Enjoying the snow. I'm trying to locate the full version as I'm sure it will have some longer clips of Gene. Someone may have taped it and it may be a clue to where more footage is stored.
      I also know There was a very expensive VCR introduced in 1974 for home use and someone locally may have had one and taped some of the shows Gene does not have.
      Rest assured he does have some episodes in his possession, but recovery of a full library of every broad cast is our aim. Any information would be very helpful in our efforts to find and  preserve these rare and important pieces of local television history.
        Gene is still attempting to  locate the WCAU archived episodes which seem to have been misplaced recently.  You can email the group, me, bakerjohnp1958@... or Gene directly with all information at CARTOONCORNERS@...
         As I said Gene  does have episodes in his personal possession and he's in the process of transferring them and hopefully if all goes as planned  he will make them available soon.
       Thanks, John