I went to Gene's show Thursday evening

  • Linda S.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2008
      I met Gene face-to-face for the first time this past Thursday. My
      13-year-old son and I drove to Philly from the DC area. We attended
      the Star Wars exhibit at Franklin Institute, then watched the fashion
      show at King of Prussia mall, sponsored by Bloomingdales in honor of
      the Screen Actors Guild anniversary. Gene was Master of Ceremonies.
      When I first got there, he was rehearsing with the (gorgeous) models.
      He had on a casual sweater and pants, then changed into a dark suit.
      Throughout, he was extremely relaxed and genial as I remember him. I
      went up to him and gave him a kiss and hug before the show. He was
      very gracious.

      The initial portion of the fashion show featured original new evening
      dresses inspired by modern movie stars, created by design students
      from top art colleges in the area such as U of Penn and Moore. The
      clothes were for the most part, sensational.

      The highlight was definitely Gene's collection of evening gowns that
      had been owned by Hollywood stars. Some of them were exact replicas,
      but for the most part they were original. He has the beaded gown
      Marilyn Monroe wore to sing Happy Birthday to President Kennedy! He
      has Scarlet O'Hara's "barbecue" dress. He's got it all...it was
      fascination. The seats were packed and people stood also on the
      balcony above us, watching. Gene had everyone spellbound with his
      commentary, just like when we were little kids. I am so glad I finally
      got to see this show, and I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to try
      and see it whenever you can.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2008
        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Linda S."
        <dragonfeathers99@...> wrote:
        >That's fantastic Linda! This is one of the reasons the site exists.
        (To Inform everyone of Gene's plans and events).
        > I met Gene face-to-face for the first time this past Thursday. My
        > 13-year-old son and I drove to Philly from the DC area. We attended
        > the Star Wars exhibit at Franklin Institute, then watched the
        fashion
        > show at King of Prussia mall, sponsored by Bloomingdales in honor of
        > the Screen Actors Guild anniversary. Gene was Master of Ceremonies.
        > When I first got there, he was rehearsing with the (gorgeous)
        models.
        > He had on a casual sweater and pants, then changed into a dark
        suit.
        > Throughout, he was extremely relaxed and genial as I remember
        him. I
        > went up to him and gave him a kiss and hug before the show. He was
        > very gracious.
        >
        > The initial portion of the fashion show featured original new
        evening
        > dresses inspired by modern movie stars, created by design students
        > from top art colleges in the area such as U of Penn and Moore. The
        > clothes were for the most part, sensational.
        >
        > The highlight was definitely Gene's collection of evening gowns that
        > had been owned by Hollywood stars. Some of them were exact replicas,
        > but for the most part they were original. He has the beaded gown
        > Marilyn Monroe wore to sing Happy Birthday to President Kennedy! He
        > has Scarlet O'Hara's "barbecue" dress. He's got it all...it was
        > fascination. The seats were packed and people stood also on the
        > balcony above us, watching. Gene had everyone spellbound with his
        > commentary, just like when we were little kids. I am so glad I
        finally
        > got to see this show, and I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to
        try
        > and see it whenever you can.

      • Linda Gabriel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2008
           Yes I wouldn't have known about it if not for the site.