Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] broadcast pioneers luncheon

  • Linda Gabriel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
      That's interesting!  There was a cartoon corners show with this Gene Crane before Gene London?  I don't live in the Philly area anymore, and don't know who those people are.

      bakerjohnp1958 <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:
      I'm posting this because Gene sent it to me, I know it's short notice
      also as Gene took over the cartoon corners program from Gene Crane I
      think it's relevant. John the message will follow in the next post

      between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

    • ahickman1955
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
        Gene Crane is a legend in Philly. He is most known for his role as the
        announcer on Channel 10 for many years. He was also the weatherman, and
        played the mayor of Philadelphia in Rocky III. He was aslo the voice of
        Acme Markets for many years.

        He did have three kids shows on Channel 10, but I don't think they were
        called Cartoon Corners. they may have had the word CARNIVAL in the
        title.

        He is also the father of DAVID CRANE, who created the NBC sitcom,
        FRIENDS.

        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, Linda Gabriel
        <dragonfeathers99@...> wrote:

        > That's interesting! There was a cartoon corners show with this Gene
        Crane before Gene London? I don't live in the Philly area anymore, and
        don't know who those people are.

        > bakerjohnp1958 <bakerjohnp1958@...>
        wrote: I'm posting this because Gene sent
        it to me, I know it's short notice
        > also as Gene took over the cartoon corners program from Gene Crane I
        > think it's relevant. John the message will follow in the next post
        >

        > between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

      • Lou K.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
          The Candy Carnival and The Contest Carnival....

          Lou

          --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "ahickman1955"

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2008
            --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Lou K."
            <lkrupkin@...> wrote:
            >Ok, according to Gene (London),Gene crane had a show called cartoon
            corners where he showed cartoons, when Gene (london) took over they
            used a set of a general store they had from a special they did. Thus
            it became cartoon corners general store. I'll do some research and
            see If I can find out more specifics. I've sent out a request in the
            hopes of speaking with Gene Crane about all this. If I get the
            information I'll post it. Take care, John