Re: Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Gene London Show 1960

    Message 1 of 22 , May 6, 2013
      I wonder if it's a Norton or windows firewall configuration issue. What sites you allow? I don't think it originates from Peabody as a few can access it and many cannot. I Have a 64 bit system. It plays on my VCL player not windows or real player. I have quick time to and it did ask me to allow quick time apps. I don't know what the problem is, I'm just providing all I know.
    • mykulmak
      Message 2 of 22 , May 7, 2013
        I have Norton and the 1959 video worked, not the 1960 video - so its probably not a firewall problem for me anyway.

        The error msg (for me) at the GSU site indicated the 1960 file was not found when I tried to stream it from using their built-in player.

        The QT file audio works for me, just not the images - so perhaps I need at QT plug in (though I updated it recently when I first starting having problems - the most recent update did not fix it).

        sigh...

        Message 3 of 22 , May 7, 2013
          Wow, sorry everyone is having so much trouble. The music special is a lot of fun. It covers diff styles and performers. Easy to see why it was nominated . I'm Not what you would call a technical instrument player or Into the complexities of it's structure. I used to play a little bass guitar and learned 50s,60s and 70s tunes by ear and what is what on the bass. Someone really into music from a technical side and not just from the historical and enjoment side would find much more in it Without Gene and the commercial's it would still be and eotertaining and interesting document, but Gene hosting and participating makes it for me and worth rewatching and having in my collection. and it was locally produced. Philadelphib should never have given up on major market Film/Tv production. Gene should have been nationally syndicated and head of a Children's programming dept. Somewhere. Another industry sure wouldn't have hurt the area. Esp one without major enviromental issues and one that
          Message 4 of 22 , May 7, 2013
            Would increase tourism.
          • Cathrine Snyder
            Message 5 of 22 , May 7, 2013
              I don't have Norton. Our tech guy told us to use ESET SMART SECURITY5.
              I was able to access the Bible story video but not the others.
              Some us may be using different updates of Windows, so that may be the problem.
              It also could be one little setting we have that may be making it hard to open.