Re: Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Gene London Cartoons and Stuff from 1959

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 23, 2013
      Gene reads whatever is written. So from all of you to his eyes and ears. We need it preserved and we need access to it whenever we wish. I know streaming/downloading and sites providing it are an 'in' easy thing. but I like having the removable media that I can keep and choose when and where I want to view it. Between sites pulling or blocking content and computer crash nightmares, I like having having copies in my hand. Tape although obsolete is more durable and fixable, but you have to go with what's practical.
    • mykulmak
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 23, 2013
        I'd gladly buy DVD(s) - VOD is easier, but DVD works too. I would have hoped all was included logos, TV commercials etc.. would give a real feel for the times..

        Anyway, best of luck in this endeavor, let we fans know how we can help with the productions/marketing. Perhaps use 'kick starter' to defray (some of) the costs to fans in exchange for some specials (dinner/lunch with Gene, private show, autographs, pre-purchase the DVD or VOD etc), in exchange for tiered donations...

        Some thoughts...

        Denver, CO
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 23, 2013
          Commercial's maybe ok. Several Dark Shadow's releases have included those and Maybe granfathered in. WCAU used to be CBS and there are issues with that. Some sort of disavowing disckaimer about CBS, NBC and station network views etc. etc maybe a way around it. I mentioned there were hold ups. Will keep everybody in the loop.
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 23, 2013
            I Love the thoght of the original 'as presented' with commercial s. Other s do not. a dual track would be nice. I have always been in favor of having them available to the fans in any way shape or form. I just want to have and watch The Shows.