OT: Seeking 1960s Toys

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013
      I'm trying to find info on a toy I had in the 6os called, I think, "Shapees". They were interlocking plastic pieces of different shapes. Does anyone remember these, or anything like them? It's for a personal research project - thanks!
    • Lori Simon
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013
        I don't remember those, and I'm not doing research on them, but I'm looking for a toy my dad bought me in about 1957 or 58 called Log Stix (or Sticks).  No, they were not Lincoln Logs, but brightly colored and lathed sticks with valleys to place the sticks so they would interlock along the entire length.  The set had various lengths, each different length had its own color.  I have NEVER seen a reference to them ANYWHERE, and would really like to find a set.  I spent so many happy hours with them and would be thrilled to even find anyone else who remembers them.

        Lori

        Hear Lori's CDs at:
        http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan3
        http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan2
        http://www.cdbaby.com/lcahan
        http://www.cdbaby.com/nosband
        Email me to buy.

        I'm trying to find info on a toy I had in the 6os called, I think, "Shapees". They were interlocking plastic pieces of different shapes. Does anyone remember these, or anything like them? It's for a personal research project - thanks!

      • Mark Potts
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013
          Here's the Shapees: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Vintage-Bells-Shapees-Building-Set-Empire-Made-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!icFDLrhIitNBQ1K,bOuQw~~60_35.JPG

          and Logstix: http://www.architoys.net/toys/images/LOGSTIX1.JPG

          Peace,
          Mark C. Potts
          5D Fairway Rd.
          Flying Hills
          Reading, PA  19607
          484-335-3624
          e/m: potsy137@...

          To: Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com

          I'm trying to find info on a toy I had in the 6os called, I think, "Shapees". They were interlocking plastic pieces of different shapes. Does anyone remember these, or anything like them? It's for a personal research project - thanks!

        • mbtinydancer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013

            Did either of you try Pinterest?  I've found a lot of things on there from my childhood.  :-)

            Marilyn

            I'm trying to find info on a toy I had in the 6os called, I think, "Shapees". They were interlocking plastic pieces of different shapes. Does anyone remember these, or anything like them? It's for a personal research project - thanks!

          • mshapiro10
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013

              try a memorabilia store called
              Joys & Toys