Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Memory of going to Gene's show

  • lakpolmit
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 28, 2013
      Some of this, I no longer remember because I was growing up. Even though I still caught the show from time to time, I eventually graduated HS and went into the working world and eventually left all of that behind. I am so thankful for having had such wonderful shows for kids, such as, Gene London.

      Debbie

      In a message dated 2/28/2013 10:14:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, michaelmaclauchlan@... writes:

      Great story, thanks for sharing. I never was on the show- so it's an interesting perspective for me.

      I recall GL moving to a more modern set where he stood next to polls that had posters or pictures on them (as he introduced cartoons). Perhaps it was for a Sunday show? It was a more sedate show than CCs.

      Memory fades.. :)

      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, Mr David Mayhew wrote:

      > I was about 6 years old when my best friend's mother managed to get tickets to Gene's show. It was no longer the general store set, but looked kind of like a modern apartment

    • Glenifer1
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 28, 2013
        I was actually on "challenge ". I won so I got to be on twice! Wish I could find those tapes
        Jenn

        Sent from Journeyfer's iPhone

        On Feb 28, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Mr David Mayhew <mayhew_david@...> wrote:

        Debbie, I wonder if you're thinking of "The World Around Us" hosted by Anita Klever on Channel 6.  I think the show replaced "Happy the Clown."  Later, she also hosted a weekly quiz show for kids on Channel 3 called "Challenge."

        Here's "The World Around Us" theme on YouTube:

        This really isn't the place for negatives, but here's a link to a mention of Anita Klever I found while Googling a few moments ago.  Apparently her husband got into some sex-related trouble a few years ago.  Don't know the outcome.  In any event at the time of this article Anita was in Arizona:

        David