Re: Re: Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Memory of going to Gene's show

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 28, 2013
      I wish they had just syndicated Gene's show taped it and let the other affiliates or indepenents purchase and air it when they wanted. Sat. Still would have been great. Once a week for an Hr. Would not have been too much of a stretch. Gene could still draw the advertising dollars so who knows? PBS could do a one off updating reunion with Gene. Judy Bell Expressed interest. you could even have Jane Norman Pixanne put in an appearance. It would just be a nice way to say thank you to Gene.
    • Glenifer1
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 28, 2013
        I was actually on "challenge ". I won so I got to be on twice! Wish I could find those tapes
        Jenn

        Sent from Journeyfer's iPhone

        On Feb 28, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Mr David Mayhew <mayhew_david@...> wrote:

        Debbie, I wonder if you're thinking of "The World Around Us" hosted by Anita Klever on Channel 6.  I think the show replaced "Happy the Clown."  Later, she also hosted a weekly quiz show for kids on Channel 3 called "Challenge."

        Here's "The World Around Us" theme on YouTube:

        This really isn't the place for negatives, but here's a link to a mention of Anita Klever I found while Googling a few moments ago.  Apparently her husband got into some sex-related trouble a few years ago.  Don't know the outcome.  In any event at the time of this article Anita was in Arizona:

        David