RE: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Sally Star [2 Attachments]

  • Ron Madara
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013

      My Brother Bob “Crazy Bob” Madara and his wife Darlene have been long time friends of Sally Starr…you could almost say she treated them like her children. He was a long time DJ and worked with her at WVLT in Vineland. Anyway, in case it hasn’t been posted yet, the service will be Feb 4 at the Constantino Funeral Home in Berlin NJ. The public service will be 5 PM to 8 PM. It will be a closed casket and Sally will be cremated.

      Ron Madara

      From: bakerjohnp1958@...
      Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 04:19:06 +0000
      Subject: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Sally Star

      Sad news indeed as 'Our Gal Sal' passes away one day after her 90th Birthday. My earliest memories of Popeye go hand n hand with Sally Star.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
        Thanks for that info Ron. Much appreciated.
      • mshapiro10
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
          Did she have children?
          My gf won a treasure chest of toys from her when we were in 1st grade by sending in a Good & Plenty box.  We are now 60 so you do the math and figure out how many decades ago that was.  I still have my Sally Starr Doll and years ago I purchased a Sally Starr Cowgirl outfit.
          L,L & Lollipops
          Mimi

          To: Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com
          From: bakerjohnp1958@...
          Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 04:19:06 +0000

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
            Sally (and her husband who died quite a while ago) didn't have any children.
          • mshapiro10
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
              thanks John

              Sally (and her husband who died quite a while ago) didn't have any children.