Re: Gobble Gobble

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 22, 2012
      Oh please someone record and post The special online for those of us I'n other areas?
      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, bakerjohnp1958@... wrote:

      > Thanks Mike! A Happy, safe Thanksgiving to you and everyone! Yes, Gene on a float and a 30-60 min. Gene London Holiday special on Ch. 12 following the Parade. Lets start a new tradition that should have begun long ago.
      >

      > To my Philly Phriends, have a wonderful Turkey/Tofu Day -- skip the usual trimmings and have a cheesesteak with a tastykake for dessert -- you really miss them when/if you move away...
      >
      > This morning, I watched a few minutes of the Philly Thanksgiving Parade on the web (6 Action news site). I did not see Gene L on a float so I moved on. Let's start a petition to get him on a float next time (if the weather's warm).
      >

      > Warm hugs to all GL's fellow fans.
      >
      > Michael
      > Denver,CO

    • mykulmak
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Sasha" <dragonfeathers99@...> wrote:

        > Oh please someone record and post The special online for those of us In other areas?

        Hi Sasha, I was joking/recommending we get Gene L on a Thanksgiving parade float- I seem to recall he did this a few decades ago. I think Baker John was agreeing with me and that we should start a petition to make that happen -- perhaps with some TV coverage too...

        Perhaps one day this may happen...

        Anyone want to do some research so we can start a write-in campaign?

        Wonder if Gene would do a Google plus 'on air' live chat with us (once a month -- that would be fun too!)

        Michael
      • bakerjohnp1958@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
          I've been pestering Ch. 12 since the Kids show special. Gene's really busy right now with Fashion exhibits and Boscov projects. He looks at the site and posts. Emailing ch. 12 (WHYY) also couldn't hurt. Posting on the FB site would generate interest too. CH. 12 should soon start airing it's yearly block of vintage Christmas shows. Dragnet, Racket squad,Date with an angel, Robin Hood, Capt. Gallant, Ozzie and Harriet, The Bell telephone special "The Nativity" and others. I think a Gene London special would fit in just perfectly.
        • bakerjohnp1958@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
            You can email Whyy at talkback@...
          • bakerjohnp1958@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
              And for those out of area, Crusin 92.1 WVLT, Vineland is accessible on the web. They play oldies. Even Jerry Blavat has a show.
            • Cathrine Snyder
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
                Hi "bakerjohnp1958"!
                For the life of me I cannot open your attachment. Is anyone else having that problem?
                Thanks.....Cathy

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
                  That's odd because I didnt' attach A link or anything.. Just replying to posts.
                • bakerjohnp1958@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
                    There is the Whyy email address, but that just opens to send an email.
                  • momcfadden@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 26, 2012
                      thanks for this info on Blavat - I went to Chez Vous every week for a dance he hosted.
                      total blast from the past here John !

                      Love,
                      mo