Re-living my youth by....

  • mykulmak
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2012
      Greetings CC fans!

      Watched "Thunderbirds are Go"(the December 1966 UK/July 1968!USA released) film-puppet-movie. Not to be confused with the equally entertaining and nostalgic TV show. Then, I lent it to a 6 yr old lol;

      Am now watching some B&W Fireball XL5 TV episodes( also a guilty pleasure).

      To ensure my brain doesn't go to mush,I watched 'Tailor, Tinker Solder Spy' to see if I could follow the plot/story (barely).

      If you like these kind of SciFi films also recommended, the 2003-2009 (new) version of Battlestar Galactica.

      I've also been looking at the mixed reviews for Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus'. I have/had such high hopes for his new movie.

      Also recommended TV: ITV/PBS "Downton Abbey" and the BBC's 'Sherlock'

      Any films or TV shows tickle your fance while we wait (patiently) for GL's web TV show? (wouldn't that be great?).

      Tailor et al: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340800/
      Thunderbirds (movie) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061094/
      Fireball XL5 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055673/
    • Justice, William H.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2012

        For those of you local Philly folks check out METV (Memorable Entertainment Television) and the HUB on cable.

        They are showing all the shows we grew up with from Lost In Space to the Jack Benny Show…

        METV apparently is also available free via broadcast as well…

        http://metvnetwork.com/index.php

        http://www.hubworld.com/

        METV even has a guy like Dr. Shock on Saturday night showing old scary movies…

        Bj

        William H. Justice

      • bakerjohnp1958@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2012
          Odd I was listening to the fire ball X L 5 theme today.. Capt. Scarlett is good too.