Goliath at the Philly Zoo

  • mykulmak
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2012
      As a child, I remember visiting the Philadelphia Zoo and recall seeing an elephant seal which I believe was named 'Goliath'. My memory is a little bit vague, however I was hoping that some of you may be able to help me recall.

      I recall seeing a large elephant seal in a small swimming pool. I recall believing the animal was so large, that it could not turn around. After doing some Internet research, I found a photograph (link below). Does anyone else recall Goliath? Does anyone have any photographs or recollect the size of the animal relative to the pool? I recall feeling sad that the animal was so large it was confined in such a small space.

      http://173.12.230.42/ccp143.jpg