Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Air dates

  • LeeDebbie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2012
      True, but John didn't say what date the notice for Dr. Shock was. He died way too young. I remember when he came to our neighborhood to the festivities to open anew store. That was a lot of fun. He came in his hearse, in full make-up. I think he died shortly after that. Too sad.

      Debbie

      In a message dated 2/17/2012 12:06:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, robeykr@... writes:

      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, LeeDebbie@... wrote:

      > Dr. Shock, man he was so cool! I used to enjoy watching him sit up in that
      > coffin and his little girl, Bubbles, would be bouncing around for joy in
      > her bouncy chair. LOL! Those were the days.
      >
      > Debbie
      >

      > In a message dated 2/17/2012 8:34:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > bakerjohnp1958@... writes:
      >

      > I just checked the last "TV week" I have and the show is listed as "Gene
      > London" Sat. May 27th 1978, 8am to 9am....If anyone has a later one, it would
      > be great if you would post the info. Also if anyone has local Tv weeks
      > from the 70s. especially 71 to 74. I would be interested in purchasing them
      > for local Tv, research purpsoses.. Other than Cartoon Corners air date info
      > and and a possible article on Gene and the show. The interest is purely
      > personal and In no way should be connected to Gene or misinterperated as a
      > request or inquiry on Gene's behalf. you may send an email to bakerjohnp1958
      > @... And for Dr. Shock fans, the two films aired that Sat. were "House
      > of Horrors" at 2pm and "The Mummy's curse" at 3:30 pm. Kindest Regards,
      > John

      Sorry. But what you posted here is not possible. Dr. shock was dead in 1978. He died at the age of 42.

    • Hamhock
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2012
        Dr. Shocks death was a matter addressed by Bill Weber on his show the following day. Bill Weber's show was no longer being aired in 1978. It was some years before. I was still in high school at the time.

        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, LeeDebbie@... wrote:

        > True, but John didn't say what date the notice for Dr. Shock was. He died
        > way too young. I remember when he came to our neighborhood to the
        > festivities to open anew store. That was a lot of fun. He came in his hearse, in
        > full make-up. I think he died shortly after that. Too sad.
        >
        > Debbie
        >

        > In a message dated 2/17/2012 12:06:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > robeykr@... writes:
        >

        > --- In _Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com_
        > (mailto:Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com) , LeeDebbie@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Dr. Shock, man he was so cool! I used to enjoy watching him sit up in
        > that
        > > coffin and his little girl, Bubbles, would be bouncing around for joy in
        > > her bouncy chair. LOL! Those were the days.
        > >
        > > Debbie
        > >

        > > In a message dated 2/17/2012 8:34:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > > bakerjohnp1958@ writes:
        > >

        > > I just checked the last "TV week" I have and the show is listed as "Gene
        > > London" Sat. May 27th 1978, 8am to 9am....If anyone has a later one, it
        > would
        > > be great if you would post the info. Also if anyone has local Tv weeks
        > > from the 70s. especially 71 to 74. I would be interested in purchasing
        > them
        > > for local Tv, research purpsoses.. Other than Cartoon Corners air date
        > info
        > > and and a possible article on Gene and the show. The interest is purely
        > > personal and In no way should be connected to Gene or misinterperated as
        > > request or inquiry on Gene's behalf. you may send an email to
        > bakerjohnp1958
        > > @... And for Dr. Shock fans, the two films aired that Sat. were
        > "House
        > > of Horrors" at 2pm and "The Mummy's curse" at 3:30 pm. Kindest Regards,
        > > John
        > >
        > Sorry. But what you posted here is not possible. Dr. shock was dead in
        > 1978. He died at the age of 42.

      • Carl Budson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2012
          Shocky Doc passed away on Friday, September 28, 1979, two weeks after his 42nd birthday. On February 28, 1980, WPHL-17 aired a one hour special entitled, "A Tribute to Dr. Shock," featuring highlights from his shows. I don't know if the special was ever rerun, but it is available on DVD and a fond memory of another childhood idol.

          Regards,

          Carl