A letter from Jim

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
      Gene wanted me to post this wonderful letter he recieved..

      Hi Gene,

      I can not imagine that this is still your email address, but I thought I'd try anyway.

      You were such a big part of my childhood and I have many great memories of watching your show.
      I wanted to send you a long over due THANK YOU for being there and inspiring me.
      Not that I knew it then, but I do now. You weren't acting or just putting on a kids show.
      You were genuine! You were talking to us...to me. I wish there had been a Gene London for my kids!

      Kind of corny, but I sometimes wonder who would be on my Sgt. Pepper's album cover. The Beatles chose their
      influences to stand behind them on the now infamous cover. As I assemble my own Sgt. Pepper lineup, in my head, Gene London is always on the list!
      I can't come up with as many "heroes" as they did. (However, there were four of them.)

      My son just asked me the other day, "Dad, if you could meet 10 people, who would they be?"
      "Gene London" was one of the first names out of my mouth.
      You are more than a childhood memory. You are a friend who I haven't seen in a very long time.

      If you ever have the time or the opportunity, I would love to meet you.
      We could "do lunch". My treat.
      I am just "one of your kids" who grew up with you and was inspired by you.
      I can not say thank you enough!
    • Barrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
        That's beautiful.

        I'm guessing that we could all say the same, but Jim put it the best.
      • mshapiro
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
          Jim,
          Your letter says it all.  What a cool idea--a retro Sgt. Peppers Cover.  It would need a different name though.  Perhaps "A Time Of Fun & Innocence." Something today's kids will never have the chance to experience.

          We are all still waiting for John to organize a Meet & Greet w/ Gene in Philly.
          Perhaps at or near Channel 10.
          Maybe even with Sally Star & Soupy Sales.  Clarabelle & Buffalo Bob I think are both deceased along with Wee Willie Webber.

          Mimi