Re: Bill Blake & Planet of the Apes

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011
      Don, Gene has a lot from the old Show warehoused, photo's and other item's are archived, he's yet to have time to really go through and categorize and index..Although the group has been up for a while..Gene is really busy with his Fashion exhibit's and other projects as of right now he is preparing yet, another extavaganza!! When time allows, I will certainly ask and ask for access as to what is available..
      As for the group it's a labor of love and thanks Don, we do our best to make the group a fun, informative place..
      Regards, John
      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "DonS" <donsileo@...> wrote:

      > Are there any production shots of the episode that Gene did based on the Planet of the Apes? I played his son in one segment & would love to see myself in that Ape makeup. I also appeared in a scene with Margret Hamilton in another episode, which I'd love to show grand kids, if there are any shots...my working with the "Wicked Witch", who happened to be so nice to me on the set. Thanks for this Group!

    • mykulmak
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2011
        I'm guessing many on this list would volunteer some time each week(?) to meet with and help Gene with categorizing - especially if the warehouse is located near the greater Philadelphia area.

        This organizing structure (and free assistance) might help the materials get documented (imaged) which would also make for great DVD 'extras' when the "Best of the Gene London Show(s)" see the light of day.

        Thoughts?

        MM
        Denver, Colorado

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2011
          When time allows I will discuss it with Gene, a great extra I've mentioned to him would be a small documentary and tour of the archives, a video record of everything with Gene conducting the tour..

          --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "mykulmak" <michaelmaclauchlan@...> wrote:

          > I'm guessing many on this list would volunteer some time each week(?) to meet with and help Gene with categorizing - especially if the warehouse is located near the greater Philadelphia area.
          >
          > This organizing structure (and free assistance) might help the materials get documented (imaged) which would also make for great DVD 'extras' when the "Best of the Gene London Show(s)" see the light of day.
          >
          > Thoughts?
          >
          > MM
          > Denver, Colorado
          >

          > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "bakerjohnp1958" <bakerjohnp1958@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Don, Gene has a lot from the old Show warehoused, photo's and other item's are archived, he's yet to have time to really go through and categorize and index..Although the group has been up for a while..Gene is really busy with his Fashion exhibit's and other projects as of right now he is preparing yet, another extavaganza!! When time allows, I will certainly ask and ask for access as to what is available..
          > > As for the group it's a labor of love and thanks Don, we do our best to make the group a fun, informative place..
          > > Regards, John
          > > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "DonS" <donsileo@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Are there any production shots of the episode that Gene did based on the Planet of the Apes? I played his son in one segment & would love to see myself in that Ape makeup. I also appeared in a scene with Margret Hamilton in another episode, which I'd love to show grand kids, if there are any shots...my working with the "Wicked Witch", who happened to be so nice to me on the set. Thanks for this Group!

        • Cathrine Snyder
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 17, 2011
            I'd be glad to help!

          • Mr David Mayhew
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 18, 2011

              The entire WHYY video, including the Gene London clip recently posted, can be viewed online at:

              http://video.whyy.org/video/1780796549

              It will bring back a lot of memories, early memories (such as Bertie the Bunyip and Gene Crane) and later memories (like Captain Noah and Apple Dumpling Gang).  But the heart of the special includes Gene London, Pixanne etc.

              Enjoy.  And while you're enjoying please think about making a contribution to WHYY Channel 12.  Perhaps they can be encouraged to produce more specials like this.  Or, maybe, to work directly with Gene and, using his archives, produce an hour special all about him and his program.

              D.

            • mykulmak
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2011
                Thank you, I enjoyed this and shared with some other former Philadelphians.

                MM

                --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, Mr David Mayhew <mayhew_david@...> wrote:

                > The entire WHYY video, including the Gene London clip recently posted, can be
                > viewed online at:
                >
                > http://video.whyy.org/video/1780796549
                >
                > It will bring back a lot of memories, early memories (such as Bertie the Bunyip
                > and Gene Crane) and later memories (like Captain Noah and Apple Dumpling Gang).
                > But the heart of the special includes Gene London, Pixanne etc.
                >

                > Enjoy.  And while you're enjoying please think about making a contribution to
                > WHYY Channel 12.  Perhaps they can be encouraged to produce more specials like
                > this.  Or, maybe, to work directly with Gene and, using his archives, produce an
                > hour special all about him and his program.
                >
                > D.

              • Ron Madara
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 22, 2011

                  I saw this a while back when it was shown on WHYY. I posted the link on my Facebook page and was overwhelmed by the positive response. Thanks for pointing us to the link, David. J

                  Ron Madara

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 22, 2011
                    Speaking of nostalgia, I watched a VHS (remember them) tape of this show a few years back:

                    http://www.amazon.com/Things-That-Arent-There-Anymore/dp/B000IJRZV0

                    (A bit pricy on Amazon, but perhaps available elsewhere)...

                    I wish we could maintain the old buildings and customs (like Horn and Hardart Automats) whilst building new things...

                    Alas....

                    So looking forward to GL's DVDs and how is that 'Cartoon Corners' holiday stage play coming along? :) (I'm sure it would be a $$ maker)

                    MM