Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] feeling nostalgia today for Philly

  • jupiter2
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2011
      Yes I do!
      And I must correct my email from "wooden" to "woolen" - Sorry!

      From: LeeDebbie@... <LeeDebbie@...>
      To: Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 8:09 PM

      I never got to ride trolleys very often, but they were fun. And from what I'm hearing, TastyKake is in financial troubles. I would hate to see them go out of business. My mom never shopped much at Wanamaker's But I recall the Christmas Village and Easter Village at Lit Brothers every year. It was so much fun to go downtown on the Norristown Local when I was little, But I hated to sit on the wool covered seats on the train. I always wore a party dress and the seats were so scratchy. Oh, the wonderful memories.

      Debbie
      Cranbury, NJ

      In a message dated 2/13/2011 3:37:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, michaelmaclauchlan@... writes:

      The old, PTC green and beige trolleys make me smile.

      Reading Trolley Vid:
      http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=54902

      NE Philly Trolleys of old
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npo_15DImBg

      Snow Sweepers:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBkuaTMNqU

      Philly to Norristown bullet train
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpCGvPIYqM

      Anyone recall the trolley that went underground (near 13th and Market - at the Wanamaker's basement? - used to dream about that place. (I hope to see a photo of that trolley station one day).

      Anyone recall the Horn and Hardart's Automat also near 13th and Market (North side of Market I recall)? http://tinyurl.com/4vnlrb3

      Hugs to Philadelphia its ppl, pretzels and Tastykakes ;-),

      from
      Denver, CO.