Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] This is my letter and Genes return email

  • LeeDebbie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
      Wow, what a wonderful reply from Gene! I still think about him at times and how much fun his shows truly were. There is nothing like that today for our children. I will often scan the cartoon programming and human personalities who really care about children are rare.

      Chuck, I do hope you and Gene cross paths within the near future.

      Debbie

      In a message dated 11/3/2010 4:58:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, gcgtw0@... writes:

      Chuck;

      Thanks for your wonderful letter. I appreciate it and will treasure it.

      that tv show was gods gift to me.. i loved doing it. i was aliitle more than a kid myself..and when i was given the opportunity by WCAU  to do what ever i liked...i just did what i loved

      ..i had  been earning my wages by entertaining at kids parties since i was a  KID,

      telling stories, drawing pictures, doing record paqntomimes, dragging about my self made puppet stage.. one of my favorite movies is LILLI.. is it any wonder that i created a world  as SPECIAL  AS CARTOON CORNERS.

      what is really so special is that 40 years later so many of you still love me.

      we will meet Chuck.  perhaps when i come to your area.. or when i start my tour and meet my fans..

      .it started in AtlaNTIC CITY AND THE NESHAMINY MALL IN PHILLY A FEW MONTHS AGO.
      I THOUGHT THEY'D  COME TO SEE MY TRAVELING MUSEUM.. BUT THEY REALLY CAME JUST TO SEE ME.. THE AUDITORIAMS WERE PACKED..

      THE BOSCOVS EXHIBITS WERE A HIT AND SO WAS I.
      WHAT A LOVING GIFT..TO RELIVE ONES CHILDHOOD DREAMS.

      TAKE GOOD  CARE MY FRIEND.

      AND AGAIN THANS FOR YOUR LOVE LETTER.
      GENE LONDON

      In a message dated 7/12/2010 12:22:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, gcgtw0@... writes:
      I am one of thousands of baby boomers from the Philadelphia area who grew up watching the Gene London show. I guess you recieve countless emails from fans of your show, and I dont want to blend in with the "I am your biggest fan' mentality. I have wondered through the years about you and if you were still around and thanks to the internet I can contact You and let you know how much YOU have touched my imagination and love of Fantasy and imagination and reading. I owe you a debt of thanks, Because of you I gained a thirst for reading very early in life, I have been to places i read about (some are stories you masterfully illustrated) I remember crying after you told a sad story about a princess, I WAS THERE. Gene, You were as big a part of my past as my favorite teacher and I consider you a mentor.Please it would mean so much if you replyed and told me you got this I would be honored. I just turned 47 two days ago and I guess mid life crisis time is upon me, I am so glad I have the chance to let you know you are STILL appreciated and remembered.   Please if you have time let me know you recieved this. Are you still public? I would love to meet you....... Chuck

    • Jim Lichtman

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
              Great letter!  What a special thing to keep among your best life's memories :o)

              Jean
              "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone
              you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

              On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM, john smith <gcgtw0@...> wrote:

[...]

            • john smith

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                  It was a great time to be a kid!.. What is soo amazing a blessing really is that Gene is still here!! Still magical ...I have often spoken to Gene about the old show and how some sort of "new" local show would be great!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                    I mentioned the other personalities, but when it came to the one person on morning TV that touched my life the most, it was always Gene London. And I give thanks to God that he is still among us and keeping busy, touching people's lives around the world.

                    Debbie

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 5, 2010
                      how true.... how true.. Gene was a bit prophetic in that line... kind of like Jesus.. Love thy neighbor.  I will treasure that correspondence as long as i live
                      . thanks for dropping me a line!! Chuck