Annual Halloween Treat

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2010
      I would love to have an episode of Cartoon corners with "spooky" old Quigley Mansion to post but, I will post two links to some "old" Halloween treats..

      Enjoy!! Click the link at the bottom of this page

      http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/bp1/shock1977.html

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0fuO8Fkdz8
    • Jean Pennie
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
        Thanks for these, John!  Never missed Dr. Shock, he was also one of my childhood faves.

        Jean
        "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone
        you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

        On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM, bakerjohnp1958 <bakerjohnp1958@...> wrote:
        I would love to have an episode of Cartoon corners with "spooky" old Quigley Mansion to post but, I will post two links to some "old" Halloween treats..

        Enjoy!! Click the link at the bottom of this page

         http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/bp1/shock1977.html

         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0fuO8Fkdz8

      • Adrian Hickman
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010

          Collectors Choice Records has a 2 CD set of John Zacherle a/k/a Roland recording out yesterday.

          DINNER WITH ZACH: John Zacherle regularly rose from the coffin as Roland, the cackling host of late-night horror movies on WCAU-TV in the late 1950s and '60s. Later, as Zacherley, the "cool ghoul" took the show to New York TV, then switched gears as a progressive rock DJ.

          Zach also had a bit of a recording career, starting with his "monster" of a novelty hit "Dinner with Drac" released in 1958 on the Philly-based Cameo-Parkway label.

          Today, the 92-years-young Zach will be the special star attraction of the Chiller Theatre Expo happening in Parsippany, N.J., this weekend. And just out is a two-disc collection of his demented tunes, "Monster Mash"/"Scary Tales" (Collectors Choice Music/Abkco, B+). Naturally it has the hit, plus goofy misses like "Let's Twist Again (Mummy Time is Here)," "Monster Monkey" and "Popeye (The Gravedigger)."

          Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/105731213.html#ixzz13ZQRoE8u
          Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
            Zacherle is great and regulary attends the "Chiller" convention in NJ..He was once, as I'm sure everyone knows, WCAU'S Roland...In a recent exchange with "Count Gore devol" who hosts a show on the net, he had some really nice things to say about Dr. Shock!! Now, all we need are Some Halloween treats, and Gene Exploring a locked door in creepy old Quigley Mansion!!

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
              Halloween night I'll post another link here, to another old Horror film, might kind of feel like Gene's hosting it!

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
                You'll all have to tell me if you like the posting of links such as these?, of course it would be great to have a full episode of Cartoon Corners to show

              • Justice, William H.
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010

                  Bring it on…!!

                  These are awesome…

                  Bj

                  William H. Justice

                  href="http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/105731213.html#ixzz13ZQRoE8u">http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/105731213.html#ixzz13ZQRoE8u>

                  href="mailto:Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners%40yahoogroups.com">Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com
                  href="mailto:Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners%40yahoogroups.com">Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jean
                  > > > Pennie
                  > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:36 AM
                  > > > To:
                  href="mailto:Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners%40yahoogroups.com">Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com
                  > > > Subject: Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Annual Halloween
                  Treat

                  > > > Thanks for these, John! Never missed Dr. Shock, he was also one
                  of my
                  > > > childhood faves.
                  > > >
                  > > > Jean
                  > > > "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone
                  > > > you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
                  > > >

                  > > > On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM, bakerjohnp1958
                  <bakerjohnp1958@>
                  > > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I would love to have an episode of Cartoon corners with
                  "spooky" old Quigley
                  > > > Mansion to post but, I will post two links to some
                  "old" Halloween treats..

                  > > > Enjoy!! Click the link at the bottom of this page
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/bp1/shock1977.html
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0fuO8Fkdz8

                • Jessica
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 28, 2010
                    i bet it will john, thanks - i'm hoping it's the raven with peter lorre -if my memory is correct. it must be on my mind because i just went to poe's house in phila.
                    memories are great, especially those with gene in them!
                    ~jessica