Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] New Here

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2010
      At 04:00 PM 8/11/2010, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >First I want to thank the Owner of the list for allowing me to join.
      >Second, I enjoy reading the posts to see how active Gene is.
      >
      >My name is Debbie and I'm 58 yrs old. I grew up watching Cartoon
      >Corners General Store and later the Gene London Show. My Brownie
      >Troop took us all on an outting for a taping of Cartoon Corners
      >General Store. All I remember was how fun it was to be there. We
      >even got to sit at Gene's feet for story time.
      >
      >I had begun to wonder what had become of Gene London and I came upon
      >all sorts of information and this wonderful Yahoo Group.
      >
      >Thanks again for allowing me to be a member,
      >
      >Debbie

      Welcome to our group, Debbie!!

      Warmly,
      Lori
    • Cathrine Snyder
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2010
        Welcome Debbie. I too am 58 and so we were there from the beginning and know how magical this time was for us. It was the next best thing to having Walt Disney in our own back yard.
        Cathy - cdsnyder51@...

      • LeeDebbie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2010
          I just remember tuning it to watch him everyday. I remember Gene teaching me all about the film Fiddler on the Roof when it came out. And I also recall when The Sound of Music came out, how Gene devoted a show to this classic film. From the 2nd grade on, I believe, I rarely missed a Gene London program. Sadly, there are no shows for kids on TV like this for kids today. I even wonder if the children have the attention spans we had back in the day? It's all silly cartoons and video games these days.

          Debbie