Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: gene london memories

  • jimmy lichtman
    Message 1 of 15 , May 20, 2010
      it was a dream.  that's ok.  gene london and planet of the apes - sounds good too me!

      Kiva.org - loans that change lives

      Message 2 of 15 , May 20, 2010
        Bob,

        First off, I don't think any of us can show you any of the storylines we loved or remember since that's a major topic on this board about how much we would like to see the shows again. Perhaps, when Gene gets those tapes on DVD and we can purchase them, there will no longer be any confusion.

        Secondly, I don't understand where you get off attacking me for something I remember. I'm not screwing with anyone's head. I know nothing about jimmy or any psychological problems he may or may not have; I see nothing on this thread about that. If you felt that I was attacking you by capitalizing the word did in my post, I apologize. There were certain storylines I remembered: the monkey's paw, Debbie Dibley in LA, the Wizard of Oz storyline, and the apes/aliens storyline. I watched Gene faithfully in the 60's and these are stories that stuck with me. I think we should try to maintain some decorum. Someone has already posted a link on here with Gene mentioning the apes storyline. So please refrain from the personal attacks please. I do not appreciate you attacking and questioning my character. I only thought I would share some memories with people on this board and did not expect to be attacked for it.

        --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Acoustic Bob" <acousticbob@...> wrote:

        > blksox, where is this "storyline?" Show it to me. You're making this all up. Gene London never had anything to do with Planet of the Apes.
        >
        > Jimmy has been man enough to confess that he has a mental illness, and you're playing games with his head? Too bad you have less character than Jimmy does.
        > Shame on you!
        > -Bob
        >
        > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "btm4blksox" <scottact@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sorry, Bob, but Gene London DID have a lot to do with the Planet of the Apes. There was a storyline where Cornelius and Zira crashed a spaceship near the store and he befriended them and hid them in the back of the store. They later repaired their ship and convinced Gene to go with them back to their planet. When they got up in space, the apes turned into horrible alien creatures at which point Gene woke up and realized it was all a dream. I remember this storyline vividly because it was one of my favorite ones along with the Monkey's Paw story.
        > >
        > > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "AcousticBob" <acousticbob@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Jimmy,
        > > > Dreams can seem real sometimes. Only you can know if a memory of yours was real or a dream.
        > > > Either way, it's a good memory.
        > > > Also, Gene London has nothing to do with the Planet of the Apes.
        > > > Check out Gene's fan page on FaceBook: http://tiny.cc/9watk
        > > > Lots of people there talking about Gene and the show, lot of pictures to see.
        > > > -Bob

      • mcq14
        Message 3 of 15 , May 20, 2010
          Yep, there most definitely was an "Apes" storyline. I saw it and remember it just as it was described here.
          Also, it seems that Blksox is being forthright. A personal attack is unwarranted.

          --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "btm4blksox" <scottact@...> wrote:

          > Bob,
          >
          > First off, I don't think any of us can show you any of the storylines we loved or remember since that's a major topic on this board about how much we would like to see the shows again. Perhaps, when Gene gets those tapes on DVD and we can purchase them, there will no longer be any confusion.
          >
          > Secondly, I don't understand where you get off attacking me for something I remember. I'm not screwing with anyone's head. I know nothing about jimmy or any psychological problems he may or may not have; I see nothing on this thread about that. If you felt that I was attacking you by capitalizing the word did in my post, I apologize. There were certain storylines I remembered: the monkey's paw, Debbie Dibley in LA, the Wizard of Oz storyline, and the apes/aliens storyline. I watched Gene faithfully in the 60's and these are stories that stuck with me. I think we should try to maintain some decorum. Someone has already posted a link on here with Gene mentioning the apes storyline. So please refrain from the personal attacks please. I do not appreciate you attacking and questioning my character. I only thought I would share some memories with people on this board and did not expect to be attacked for it.
          >
          > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Acoustic Bob" <acousticbob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > blksox, where is this "storyline?" Show it to me. You're making this all up. Gene London never had anything to do with Planet of the Apes.
          > >
          > > Jimmy has been man enough to confess that he has a mental illness, and you're playing games with his head? Too bad you have less character than Jimmy does.
          > > Shame on you!
          > > -Bob
          > >
          > > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "btm4blksox" <scottact@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Sorry, Bob, but Gene London DID have a lot to do with the Planet of the Apes. There was a storyline where Cornelius and Zira crashed a spaceship near the store and he befriended them and hid them in the back of the store. They later repaired their ship and convinced Gene to go with them back to their planet. When they got up in space, the apes turned into horrible alien creatures at which point Gene woke up and realized it was all a dream. I remember this storyline vividly because it was one of my favorite ones along with the Monkey's Paw story.

        • Acoustic Bob
          Message 4 of 15 , May 21, 2010
            I apologize for my harsh words to "btm4blksox".
            I really thought that there was no connection between Gene and Planet of the Apes (as it is, it's an obscure one,) and that everyone here had read jimmy's previous posts in this thread about him being mentally ill. I thought you were purposely toying with him.
            My bad.
            -Bob

            --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "mcq14" <mcq14@...> wrote:

            > Yep, there most definitely was an "Apes" storyline. I saw it and remember it just as it was described here.
            > Also, it seems that Blksox is being forthright. A personal attack is unwarranted.
            >

            > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "btm4blksox" <scottact@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Bob,
            > >
            > > First off, I don't think any of us can show you any of the storylines we loved or remember since that's a major topic on this board about how much we would like to see the shows again. Perhaps, when Gene gets those tapes on DVD and we can purchase them, there will no longer be any confusion.
            > >
            > > Secondly, I don't understand where you get off attacking me for something I remember. I'm not screwing with anyone's head. I know nothing about jimmy or any psychological problems he may or may not have; I see nothing on this thread about that. If you felt that I was attacking you by capitalizing the word did in my post, I apologize. There were certain storylines I remembered: the monkey's paw, Debbie Dibley in LA, the Wizard of Oz storyline, and the apes/aliens storyline. I watched Gene faithfully in the 60's and these are stories that stuck with me. I think we should try to maintain some decorum. Someone has already posted a link on here with Gene mentioning the apes storyline. So please refrain from the personal attacks please. I do not appreciate you attacking and questioning my character. I only thought I would share some memories with people on this board and did not expect to be attacked for it.
            > >
            > > --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, "Acoustic Bob" <acousticbob@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > blksox, where is this "storyline?" Show it to me. You're making this all up. Gene London never had anything to do with Planet of the Apes.
            > > >
            > > > Jimmy has been man enough to confess that he has a mental illness, and you're playing games with his head? Too bad you have less character than Jimmy does.
            > > > Shame on you!
            > > > -Bob

          • piperspaper
            Message 5 of 15 , May 21, 2010
              I think you're wrong Bob, the association with Gene and the Planet of the Apes is not obscure at all. A lot of fans remember that episode because the Apes make-up was done really well and Gene always seemed to be on the cutting edge of what was happening in the real world outside of Cartoon Corners.

              Planet of the Apes was THE movie of the time and so it's no wonder the Apes came for a visit even if it only turned out to be a dream !