1884Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: Gene London Show 1960

    May 7, 2013
      Wow, sorry everyone is having so much trouble. The music special is a lot of fun. It covers diff styles and performers. Easy to see why it was nominated . I'm Not what you would call a technical instrument player or Into the complexities of it's structure. I used to play a little bass guitar and learned 50s,60s and 70s tunes by ear and what is what on the bass. Someone really into music from a technical side and not just from the historical and enjoment side would find much more in it Without Gene and the commercial's it would still be and eotertaining and interesting document, but Gene hosting and participating makes it for me and worth rewatching and having in my collection. and it was locally produced. Philadelphib should never have given up on major market Film/Tv production. Gene should have been nationally syndicated and head of a Children's programming dept. Somewhere. Another industry sure wouldn't have hurt the area. Esp one without major enviromental issues and one that
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic