1285Re: [Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners] Re: hey its Saturday morning !

  • LeeDebbie@aol.com
    Oct 24, 2010
      Gosh! Now you are really bringing back the memories. But, today we still have the side channels. Why can't they host programs like these? I would watch Gene London on Saturday mornings and then catch Lorenzo and His Friends on Sunday mornings before church.

      I will say, some of the cartoons Saturday mornings do try and teach things to the children. But, they are a far cry from what we used to get as children growing up.

      Also, Gene had a morning show that aired everyday. I think it was a half hour long. He would tell a quick story, draw a picture, possibly show a few cartoons, and touch on some of the topics of the day. I believe he was followed by Pix Ann. I also remember Happy the Clown and his train for the kids to ride. I liked him because he showed the Casper Cartoons.

      I guess because there is the Cartoon Channel that runs 24/7 I guess the networks feel it's all covered for the kids. Yawn!!!!

      Debbie

      In a message dated 10/24/2010 1:15:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bakerjohnp1958@... writes:

      No Saturday morning is a wasteland now, the networks have all expanded their news programs. It was such a cool thing every Sept. they would change the Cartoon's and there would be Fri night "sneak peek" usually the first week of School..and between playing outside, Cartoons and Cartoon Corner's, there was DR. Shock in the afternoon..bike rides or walks to the corner store or maybe a day out with the family..

      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, LeeDebbie@... wrote:

      > Yes, I often think of how much I enjoy Gene on a Saturday morning. Sadly,
      > it seems the networks no longer provide programming like this for the
      > kids. We not only were entertained, but Gene would teach us things too.
      >
      > Debbie
      >

      > In a message dated 10/23/2010 12:33:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > lori@... writes:
      >

      > At 11:37 AM 10/23/2010, you wrote:
      > >...and no Gene on the TV boo.
      > >
      > >I remember when Saturday mornings were such a treat to see Gene.
      > >Hoping the DVD(s?) are issued soon.
      > >
      > >Memories. ;-)
      >
      > Yeah, Saturday mornings sure aren't as fun as they used to be! Now
      > I'm watching the soaps I've DVR'd thru the week! LOL

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic