1282Re: hey its Saturday morning !

    Oct 24, 2010
      No Saturday morning is a wasteland now, the networks have all expanded their news programs. It was such a cool thing every Sept. they would change the Cartoon's and there would be Fri night "sneak peek" usually the first week of School..and between playing outside, Cartoons and Cartoon Corner's, there was DR. Shock in the afternoon..bike rides or walks to the corner store or maybe a day out with the family..

      --- In Gene_Londons_Cartoon_Corners@yahoogroups.com, LeeDebbie@... wrote:

      > Yes, I often think of how much I enjoy Gene on a Saturday morning. Sadly,
      > it seems the networks no longer provide programming like this for the
      > kids. We not only were entertained, but Gene would teach us things too.
      >
      > Debbie
      >

      > In a message dated 10/23/2010 12:33:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > lori@... writes:
      >

      > At 11:37 AM 10/23/2010, you wrote:
      > >...and no Gene on the TV boo.
      > >
      > >I remember when Saturday mornings were such a treat to see Gene.
      > >Hoping the DVD(s?) are issued soon.
      > >
      > >Memories. ;-)
      >
      > Yeah, Saturday mornings sure aren't as fun as they used to be! Now
      > I'm watching the soaps I've DVR'd thru the week! LOL

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic