Re: Member Roll Call of the SIG on Surname Projects and Genetic Gene

  • John Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17 8:20 AM

      I plan to continue attending the SIG … but, my schedule the last year has been busy so that some nights I’m just not energized to go out again.  And, we travel a lot as was the case during the most recent meeting.

      A potential presentation format would be to send out an article or two from current literature or web links to some specific information … a couple weeks in advance … and then ask members to read and come prepared to discuss.  Also, the more advanced genetic genealogists my want to bring in addition materials that could enhance the discussion.  We’re all in a learning mode and this is one possible way to learn with minimal preparation time by a single presenter.

      John

    • Bill Howard
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2009
        Hi, Jim,

        • I am interested in the SIG group and was one of the three who
        attended the Sept meeting.

        • I missed yesterday's meeting due to a conflict.

        • Other than occasional tutorials, I might suggest asking the
        'regulars' to give a presentation on what they are doing and how it
        fits into the genetic/genealogy picture. Your discussion of the
        sleuthing about the Logans, and Marie Rundquist's sleuthing about her
        Canadian ancestry are cases in point. There are other local folks who
        might give good presentations, too. Just because someone has delivered
        one a few years back doesn't mean that they have not achieved success
        in the interim or they may have taken a turn in another promising
        direction in their work.

        - Bye from Bill Howard
      • Dave and Connie Jeremiah
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009

          Jim,  Please remove me from your list.  I’ve learned a lot from you and some of the other members but am now concentrating on some other activities.  Thank you for patiently answering my questions and for sharing your expertise.    Connie Jeremiah