Re: [GenGen-NV] Member Roll Call of the SIG on Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy

  • kyin48pioneer@cox.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009

      1) Are you interested in future meetings of the SIG. If not, I can
      remove you from the mail list.

      I am interested.

      2) If you did not attend the last meeting, was it because of lack of
      interest in the announced subject? Conflict is schedule? Went to the
      wrong location? Difficulty of getting to Dolly Madison? Other?

      Conflict right before a Labor Day weekend trip and after taking daughter to college prior weekend.

      3) Do you have suggestions for meeting place? Change of schedule?
      Future meeting subjects? Possible presenters?

      DM is okay. Personally prefer Fairfax City since I'm in Springfield. The parking is plentiful in the garage and the lighting is excellent. Not hard for someone to take training to close after a late meeting.(I just came back from Old Dominion SIG tonight)

      Thanks.

      Sue Smith

    • William Hurst
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009
        Hi Jim and all,

        I am of course interested in future meetings of the SIG. I've been to most of them, including the one this month. I prefer the Dolly Madison location over Fairfax City. Getting to the latter would involve going out with late rush hour traffic. But I could make it.

        There were probably several reasons for the small turn-out at the last meeting, mainly that it was at a new location and was pre-Labor Day.

        The problem of presentations is more difficult. Most of those of us in the group who give them have already done so more than once. Getting outside presenters might depend on getting a larger attendance.

        Bill

      • Lonnie Benson
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009

          1 Yes I am interested in future meetings.

          2 Missed the last meeting due to my birthday party. I live in Chantilly so Fairfax Library would be closer but DM would not be a problem.

          3 No suggestions at this time.

          Lonnie Benson

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
            Thanks for your request.