Meeting plans for the GenGen-NV.

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
      To members of the Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy SIG and interested parties:

      I have the Meeting Room at the Tysons-Pimmit Library researaved for 6 May and 3 June,  after which I expect to take two or three months off for summer.

      I plan to devote the meeting of 6 May to discussion of the recent FTDNA conference.  I have asked Bill Hurst to lead off and tell us about his session at the conference and then I hope others who where there can join in a discussion to fill in details for those of us who were not able to make it this years.

      I expect the meeting on 3 June to be devoted to introductory material specifically for some of our newer members and guests.  I told the attendees last night that I was interested in receiving questions and I will organize future meetings around these questions, and the 3 June will be one of these "question and answers" meetings.  Depending on what questions I get, we could devote an entire session to a single question or a class of related questions.  Any time left over can be used for "questions from the floor" or general discussion.

      Also if you have a topic of interest, please consider presenting it to the group.  This can be done very informally, or a formal as you would like to make it.  If you are uncomfortable in the preparateion or presentation, please let me know and I would be glad to work with you, or even lead the discussion.  I have found the group to be neither shy or intimidating.

      Please send me your questions and/or topics so that I can get started with organizing.
      Group Administrator, J-mtDNA and Logan DNA Project
    • robert mclaren
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009

        I think I can make the 6 May meeting. This FTDNA conference was great and
        I'm looking for some future announcements from FTDNA. As for the 3 June
        meeting, I will be on my way to Richland, Washington that day.

        Yours aye,

        Bob