U5 and Amerindian Heritage

  • mrundqui
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2009
      I found the site http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtdna/u5/ where there
      was indeed an entry for a participant having a Cherokee maternal line
      ancestor.

      Is this a common or rare finding within the study -- to look at the
      results, I thought it appeared rare. But I'm interested in the
      one-off, always. Of course, in that the East Coast was ground 0 for
      European-Native American intermarriage in the days of early
      settlement, and the location of the maternal line ancestor was East
      Coast North America, there could be any number of explanation (or one!).

      I could not locate the administrator link -- if someone wants to refer
      me to a POC for the site, I'd be glad to follow up on this lead as we
      do also have this type in our data.

      Thanks again!

      Regards,

      Marie Rundquist (mrundqui@...)