Comparing the FTDNA Tip Predictions with the RCC TMRCA predictions

  • Bill Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      I have just put the near finishing touches on a paper entitled:

      A Comparative Analysis of the RCC Correlation and FamilyTreeDNA TiPTM Probability Approaches for Estimating the Time to the Most Recent Common Ancestor of a Pair of Y-DNA Haplotypes.

      You can review it at:
      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59120192/Genealogy/Papers/TipPaper.pdf

      I have sent it to Bennett Greenspan suggesting to him that if he were to show it to his staff and his expert consultants, and if they would have any comments on the analysis, I would be pleased to consider incorporating them into changes in the paper, or to add some appropriate comments in endnotes, etc.

      I very much appreciate the discussions I have had with some members of this GenGen group, and particularly with Sidney Sachs and Elizabeth Waltman as the analysis progressed. Nell Hurley kindly sent me information on her Pettygrews and Linda McKee sent me information on her Kee and McKees.

      I would be very pleased if any member of this GenGen forum will send me their own comments and I will treat them in the same way as whatever FTDNA sends me.

      Sincerely, Bill Howard