Re: [GenGen-NV] FTDNA Null values

  • sidneysachs@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9 12:58 PM
      From the GAP program, under PROJECT ADMINISTRATION, click on "Download Files".  It would like about a dozen and half different reports that can be downloaded in either "CVS" or "EXCELL" formats.  For genetic reports there are mtDNA, Y-DNA Classic or Colorized or standard, and Y-DNA SNP.

      ---------- Original Message ----------
      From: "J. J. (Jim) Logan" <jjlnv@...>
      To: GenGen-NV@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [GenGen-NV] FTDNA Null values
      Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:07:17 -0400

      Sidney:

      Please take us through it a little slower. If I have a page of Y-DNA
      Results showing from my FTDNA Gap, how do I same it in .csv format?

      On 9/9/2012 11:58 AM, sidneysachs@... wrote:

      > Bill Howard <weh8@...> wrote "FTDNA is not doing us a service
      > by grouping markers in a single column -- it makes input to my
      > Mathematica tree-making program much more difficult. Many have written
      > to FTDNA requesting separate columns for the markers, but that problem
      > persists."
      > The way I handled this is download the file in "csv" format and not
      > "excell" format. Using an editor on the csv file, do a replace all
      > from a {-} to {","} and then save. Then excell or any other
      > spreadsheet can read this file. The only trouble I have is when
      > someone have more than 4 copies of DYS 464. It add additional cell in
      > that row and then I do a cut and paste to move the values of the later
      > markers.
      > SIdney Sachs

      > *Woman is 53 But Looks 25*
      > <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/504cbd13a92713d137793st04vuc>ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
      > <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/504cbd13a92713d137793st04vuc>

      Woman is 57 But Looks 27
      ConsumerLifestyles.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9 1:43 PM
        Thanks Sidney. I had been doing a copy and paste and was not aware of
        this download capability.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 6:00 PM
          This also assumes there are no hyphens in the descriptive fields. In
          the Logan DNA project many of our Paternal Ancester Name fields include
          a range of dates (e.g., 1802-1877) corresponding to birth and death
          years. These hyphens results is misalignment of the fields.