Re: Null values in reporting results of Y-DNA tests. Experience of othe

  • kevincamp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8 5:12 AM
      Bill,

      Talk about coincidence.  Nulls are very rare in the Campbell group.  Last week (1) a decade old sample, (2) returned 0-0 for CDY a/b, and (3) returned a null for DYS438.  And when I asked FTDNA about it, they said (4) "upload error".

      They have since re-uploaded the data and entered the same values.

      If you learn anything more, let me know.  This is Campbell kit 9122 if you want to reference it to FTDNA.

      - Kevin Campbell
    • Bob Mclaren
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 10:10 AM

        Kevin,

        I have the same problem with 0-0 at CDY a and b.  This, however, is a new sample.  FTDNA is currently having problems – this is too many 0-0 entries in the last week to be real.

        Yours aye,

        Bob

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10 8:02 AM
          My Pettigrews also have (1) a decade old sample being upgraded, (2) returned 0-0 for CDY a/b, and (3) returned a null for DYS438. And when I asked FTDNA about it, they said (4) "upload error".

          I wrote them about it and was told the data would be re-entered, but this has not happened yet. [Pettigrew kit 5737 if you want to reference it.]

          I have a second old Pettigrew kit #4770 being upgraded with results that were also due on 5 September. "This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date" [24 Sep].

          Nell Hurley