Building family trees: Merging genetic and genalogical data., 12/7/2011, 7:00 pm

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
      Reminder from: GenGen-NV Yahoo! Group

      Title: Building family trees: Merging genetic and genalogical data.

      Date: Wednesday December 7, 2011
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Location: Library - Kilmer Middle School
      Notes: Regular Monthly Meeting. Starting with set of 104 unsorted Y-DNA test results, I expect to demonstrate a procedure to sort this data in groups based on their genetic relationships and then construct a tree the combines data from the genetic test results and known genealogical relationships.

    • Kleinjwsh
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        I had hoped to attend and was very interested in the topic.  However, with the rain and wind and the torn up beltway, I decided I had better stay home.  Sorry!  Susan Klein

        Title: Building family trees: Merging genetic and genalogical data.

        Date: Wednesday December 7, 2011
        Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      • cwterrill@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
          Me too.  I checked Live Traffic DC and it looked horrible.  The drive was bad enough last month.  I would have attended otherwise.  Sorry.  Conrad Terrill

          Date: Wednesday December 7, 2011
          Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
          Location: Library - Kilmer Middle School
          Notes: Regular Monthly Meeting. Starting with set of 104 unsorted Y-DNA test results, I expect to demonstrate a procedure to sort this data in groups based on their genetic relationships and then construct a tree the combines data from the genetic test results and known genealogical relationships.

        • William Hurst
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
            Sorry, Jim and Bill and all. I too tend to chicken out from driving around the beltway during rush hour on rainy nights.

            Bill Hurst

            To: GenGen-NV@yahoogroups.com
            From: cwterrill@...
            Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 00:53:46 +0000

            Date: Wednesday December 7, 2011
            Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
            Location: Library - Kilmer Middle School
            Notes: Regular Monthly Meeting. Starting with set of 104 unsorted Y-DNA test results, I expect to demonstrate a procedure to sort this data in groups based on their genetic relationships and then construct a tree the combines data from the genetic test results and known genealogical relationships.

          • Barbara Carr
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
              I, too, wanted to attend, but I just couldn't face that weather again.  Sorry.

              Barbara

              To: gengen-nv@yahoogroups.com
              From: wrhurst_17@...
              Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 19:56:14 -0500