My independent analysis of your Logan Y-DNA haplogroups

  • Bill Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      Hi, Jim,

      Thanks for sending me your 100+ Logan haplotypes.
      I have analyzed them in an RCC time-sliced matrix, in a time-calibrated phylogenetic tree, and have analyzed the junction points on the tree to estimate the time when your various Logan family groups (which I call clusters) shared a most recent common ancestor.

      You can find a narrated 12 minute movie entitled "Evolution of Y-DNA Haplotypes Using RCC Correlation Technique" which shows the results at the following web site:

      http://gallery.me.com/weh8/100550

      (The first frame lasts for a longer time but it includes my narration, so turn the volume up).
      The movie requires QuickTime to be on your computer, but it has been checked out on both PCs and Macs.

      I hope we will be able to compare our analyses at the SIG meeting on Wednesday, since they were both done independently. I am hoping that the differences will give us some insight into the way we are doing the analysis.

      - Bye from Bill Howard