Genetic Genealogy meeting -- "New Developments in the Y Phylogenetic Tree", 9/3/2008, 7:00 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 3:57 PM

      Title: Genetic Genealogy meeting -- "New Developments in the Y Phylogenetic Tree"

      Date: Wednesday September 3, 2008
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
      Location: Tyson-Pimmit Library, Tyson's Corner, VA
      Notes: Presenter is Whit Athey. The focus will be on the contributions that “amateurs” can make and have made in this field. There will be specific examples discussed of recent developments in Haplogroups G, J, and F, but the principles of discovery apply to all haplogroups.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3 6:55 PM
        At our meeting this evening, I announced that hurricanes permitting, I
        plan on being on the OuterBanks of North Carolina at the time of the
        October 1 meeting. I did get a volunteer to handle my absence but
        further checking revealed a conflict. Thus I am again looking for
        someone to take charge. The only responsibility is to pick a topic and
        be there to guide the discussion. A formal presentation would be fine
        but not required. Please let me know so that I can make proper
        announcement. The meeting room has already been reserved.

        Thanks.

        ====
        J. J. (Jim) Logan
        Group Administrator, J1mtDNA, FxGS, and Logan DNA Projects
        Co-Administrator, J-mtDNA Project
        Owner/Moderator, J-mtDNA discussion group on Yahoo
        FxGS SIG Leader, Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy