Re: [GenGen-NV] URL for websites used in the January Meeting

  • cwterrill@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011

      Thanks, Sidney.  I found your talk very interesting.  I’ve tried again to find Terrills in the Ancestry DNA database, and got a little further than before, but I’m still fairly baffled by it.  It appears that the only results available to you are those belonging to groups you join.  I found one group to join, and four members had submitted their yDNA test results, but three of the four were not “Terrills,” and the fourth was a person I already know, so all that did not get me anywhere.  I wish I could figure out how to contact Ancestry DNA “Terrill” members who are not listed as part of a group.  Were you tested by Ancestry DNA?  (I wasn’t.)  I’ll try the other databases again soon.  Ybase is new to me.

          Conrad Terrill
    • sidneysachs@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2011
        I had my done at Family Tree DNA.  The nice thing about my haplogroup is that it is defined by dys 455 is 8.  This
        allow me to search listed of STR values quickly.

        Sidney

        Thanks, Sidney.  I found your talk very interesting.  I’ve tried again to find Terrills in the Ancestry DNA database, and got a little further than before, but I’m still fairly baffled by it.  It appears that the only results available to you are those belonging to groups you join.  I found one group to join, and four members had submitted their yDNA test results, but three of the four were not “Terrills,” and the fourth was a person I already know, so all that did not get me anywhere.  I wish I could figure out how to contact Ancestry DNA “Terrill” members who are not listed as part of a group.  Were you tested by Ancestry DNA?  (I wasn’t.)  I’ll try the other databases again soon.  Ybase is new to me.

            Conrad Terrill

        Mortgage Rates Hit 2.99%
        If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
        SeeRefinanceRates.com