URL for websites used in the January Meeting

  • sidneysachs@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011
      Below are the URL for the web sites I used at the January 8 meeting.

      Websites

      Family Tree DNA http://www.familytreedna.com/

      Whit Athey's Haplogroup Predictor http://www.hprg.com/hapest5/hapest5a/hapest5.htm

      Ysearch http://www.ysearch.org/

      Genetic Genealogy Test Resuts Databases http://www.familytreemagazine.com/article/test-results-databases/

      Ancestry DNA http://dna.ancestry.com/welcome.aspx

      Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation
      http://www.smgf.org/

      Ybase: http://www.ybase.org/

      Yhrd.org http://www.yhrd.org/

      DNA Databases Chart http://www.familytreemagazine.com/CMSAssets/dna-database-chart.png
    • cwterrill@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011

        Thanks, Sidney.  I found your talk very interesting.  I’ve tried again to find Terrills in the Ancestry DNA database, and got a little further than before, but I’m still fairly baffled by it.  It appears that the only results available to you are those belonging to groups you join.  I found one group to join, and four members had submitted their yDNA test results, but three of the four were not “Terrills,” and the fourth was a person I already know, so all that did not get me anywhere.  I wish I could figure out how to contact Ancestry DNA “Terrill” members who are not listed as part of a group.  Were you tested by Ancestry DNA?  (I wasn’t.)  I’ll try the other databases again soon.  Ybase is new to me.

            Conrad Terrill
      • sidneysachs@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2011
          I had my done at Family Tree DNA.  The nice thing about my haplogroup is that it is defined by dys 455 is 8.  This
          allow me to search listed of STR values quickly.

          Sidney

          Thanks, Sidney.  I found your talk very interesting.  I’ve tried again to find Terrills in the Ancestry DNA database, and got a little further than before, but I’m still fairly baffled by it.  It appears that the only results available to you are those belonging to groups you join.  I found one group to join, and four members had submitted their yDNA test results, but three of the four were not “Terrills,” and the fourth was a person I already know, so all that did not get me anywhere.  I wish I could figure out how to contact Ancestry DNA “Terrill” members who are not listed as part of a group.  Were you tested by Ancestry DNA?  (I wasn’t.)  I’ll try the other databases again soon.  Ybase is new to me.

              Conrad Terrill

          Mortgage Rates Hit 2.99%
          If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
          SeeRefinanceRates.com