Advanced meting announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      This is an early announcement of next meeting of the FxGS SIG for
      Surname Projects and Genealogy, scheduled for November 3, Library of
      Kilmer Middle School, Vienna, VA, 7pm.

      Last June, Jim Bartlet presented an introduction to DNA testing for
      genealogy and carefully avoided the science. This month, I plan on
      introducing the science (i.e., genetics) to supplement that
      presentation. I will review what is DNA, where DNA is located, SNPs vs
      STRs, and tools for showing and interpreting results.

      Jim Logan, SIG leader