Genetic Genealogy meeting -- "New Developments in the Y Phylogenetic Tree", 9/3/2008, 7:00 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27 3:57 PM

      Title: Genetic Genealogy meeting -- "New Developments in the Y Phylogenetic Tree"

      Date: Wednesday September 3, 2008
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 2 minutes.
      Location: Tyson-Pimmit Library, Tyson's Corner, VA
      Notes: Presenter is Whit Athey. The focus will be on the contributions that “amateurs” can make and have made in this field. There will be specific examples discussed of recent developments in Haplogroups G, J, and F, but the principles of discovery apply to all haplogroups.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008

        Title: Genetic Genealogy meeting -- "New Developments in the Y Phylogenetic Tree"

        Date: Wednesday September 3, 2008
        Time: 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
          At our meeting this evening, I announced that hurricanes permitting, I
          plan on being on the OuterBanks of North Carolina at the time of the
          October 1 meeting. I did get a volunteer to handle my absence but
          further checking revealed a conflict. Thus I am again looking for
          someone to take charge. The only responsibility is to pick a topic and
          be there to guide the discussion. A formal presentation would be fine
          but not required. Please let me know so that I can make proper
          announcement. The meeting room has already been reserved.

          Thanks.

          ====
          J. J. (Jim) Logan
          Group Administrator, J1mtDNA, FxGS, and Logan DNA Projects
          Co-Administrator, J-mtDNA Project
          Owner/Moderator, J-mtDNA discussion group on Yahoo
          FxGS SIG Leader, Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy