63RE: [GenGen-NV] Member Roll Call of the SIG on Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy
- Sep 15, 2009Jim,!. Yes, I am interested in future meetings. I do miss a lot of them since I do a lot of traveling plus I sometimes have conflicting meetings on the first Wednesday. I attend when I can.2. I did not attend the last meeting since I was in Little Rock, Arkansas for the 2009 Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference.3. The meeting place does not matter to me. Since I live in Hayfield Farm (off of Telegraph Road), both Dolly Madison and Tysons Corner are about the same distrance for me. As for topics, what you have been running is fine with me. I am always willing to give a presentation on a wide range of DNA topics. I gave a more advanced one at the 5th Internation Conference of Genetic Genealogists in Houston this spring that I would be glad to give. I can also give a presentation of the very basics of DNA testing (somewhat along the lines of what I gave to you before).Yours aye,Boib McLaren----- Original Message -----From: J. J. (Jim) LoganTo: GenGen-NVSent: 9/15/2009 10:03:08 AMSubject: [GenGen-NV] Member Roll Call of the SIG on Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy
If you received this email, it is because you ar on the mail list for
the GenGen-NV group at Yahoo. This mail list was established to support
the Surname Projects and Genetic Genealogy SIG of the Fairfax
Genealogical Society. I would appreciate a response from each of you
indicating your level of interest and providing suggestions for future
courses of action.
Furthermore, our last meeting was held on the 2nd of September at the
Dolly Madison public library in McLean VA with a change of venue from
Tysons Corner. Only three persons in were attendance. I would like to
Please answer the following:
1) Are you interested in future meetings of the SIG. If not, I can
remove you from the mail list.
2) If you did not attend the last meeting, was it because of lact of
interest in the announced subject? Conflict is schedule? Went to the
wrong location? Difficulty of getting to Dolly Madison? Other?
3) Do you have suggestions for meeting place? Change of schedule?
Future meeting subjects? Possible presenters?
The future of the SIG depends upon the answers that I receive.
J. J. (Jim) Logan
Group Administrator, J-mtDNA and Logan DNA Project
Owner/Moderator, J-mtDNA and GenGen-NV Discussion Groups on Yahoo
============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>