312Re: [ISOGG] 2014 International Genetic Genealogy Conference

    Feb 25 5:35 PM
      FYI
      Logan DNA Project, GenGen-NV, ISOGG, GOONS, CWG/VASSAR
      On 2/24/2014 1:46 PM, Tim Janzen wrote:

                  The Institute for Genetic Genealogy is pleased to announce the 2014 International Genetic Genealogy Conference, which will be held August 15-17 in Washington, DC at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center.  An outstanding group of genetic genealogists and population geneticists have agreed to speak at this conference.  Representatives from all of the major genetic genealogy companies have agreed to give presentations.  Dr. Spencer Wells, who heads the National Geographic Genographic Project, will be the keynote speaker.  We are grateful to these speakers who are willing to share their knowledge with the genetic genealogy community.

                  The main portion of the conference will be held on August 16 and 17.  Family Tree DNA will hold a workshop in the evening on August 15.  Other genetic genealogy companies possibly will also be holding workshops on August 15 during the afternoon.  See www.i4gg.org for details about the conference and to register for it.  The registration fee for the conference will be $85.  Meals and lodging will be available at the conference center but must be purchased at least one month in advance.  For a preliminary conference schedule see http://i4gg.org/conference-schedule.  For descriptions of the presentations and biographical background about the speakers see http://i4gg.org/conference-speakers.  CeCe Moore, my wife Rachel, and I have been making preparations for this conference for the past 6 months.  Angie Bush, Charmaine Riley Holley, and Paul Woodbury helped distribute flyers about the conference and served at the Institute for Genetic Genealogy booth at RootsTech two weeks ago.

      Sincerely,

      Tim Janzen

                  A complete list of the speakers and their presentations is as follows:

      1.  Ancestry.com representative - Ancestry.com DNA products

      2.  Jim Bartlett - Getting the Most of Your Autosomal DNA Matches and Triangulation , an Essential Tool to Sort out Your Matches and Map Your DNA

      3.  Terry Barton - Surname Project Administration

      4.  Dr. Blaine Bettinger - Using Free Third-party Tools to Analyze Your Autosomal DNA

      5.  Angie Bush - DNA Case Studies

      6.  Rebekah Canada - Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroup H

      7.  Shannon Christmas - Identity by Descent: Using DNA to Extend the African-American Pedigree

      8.  Karin Corbeil, Diane Harman-Hoog, and Rob Warthen - Not Just for Adoptees – Methods and Tools for Working with Autosomal DNA from the Team at DNAGedcom.com

      9.  Family Tree DNA representative - FTDNA Products

      10.  Dr. Maurice Gleeson - An Irish Approach to Autosomal DNA Matches

      11.  Katherine Hope-Borges - ISOGG

      12.  Bill Hurst - Mitochondrial DNA Focusing on Haplogroup K

      13.  Dr. Tim Janzen - Using Chromosome Mapping to Help Trace Your Family Tree

      14.  Dr. Kathy Johnston - From X Segments to Success Stories: The Use of the X Chromosome in Genetic Genealogy

      15.  Thomas Krahn - I've Received my Y Chromosome Sequencing Results - What Now?

      16.  Dr. Doug McDonald - Understanding Autosomal Biogeographical Ancestry Results

      17.  23andMe representative - 23andMe Features

      18.  CeCe Moore - The Four Types of DNA Used in Genetic Genealogy

      19.  Dr.  Ken Nordtvedt - Y Haplogroup I — Very Early Europeans?

      20.  Dr. Ugo Perego - Native American Ancestry through DNA Analysis

      21.  Dr. David Pike- The Use of Phasing in Genetic Genealogy

      22.  Bonnie Schrack - Y chromosome Haplogroups A and B

      23.  Larry Vick - Using Y-DNA to Reconstruct a Patrilineal Tree

      24.  Debbie Parker Wayne- Mitochondrial DNA: Tools and Techniques for Genealogy

      25.  Dr. Spencer Wells - the Genographic Project

      26.  Dr. Jim Wilson- Chromo 2 test and Y chromosome research

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic