      From: "Thomas" <tweingart@...>
      To: GenGen-NV@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [GenGen-NV] Help with y-DNA analysis
      Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 04:06:54 -0000

      Hi everyone,

      I was curious if anyone can comment on some y-DNA results from my DNA project (Reference: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/weingart/default.aspx?section=yresults )

      I recently received y-DNA results back from my 5th cousin. According to our respective family trees, we trace back to the same 4th great-grandfather. Below are differences we have:

      For the first 12 markers we match 12 for 12.
      At the 25 marker level everything matches except for

      DYS459
      my Kit 40543: 9-10
      my cousin's Kit 269385: 9-9

      DYS464
      my Kit 40543: 11-12-14-15-16
      my cousin's Kit 269385: 11-12-12-14-14-15-15-16

      At the 37 marker level there is a difference at

      DYS-CDY
      my Kit 40543: 35-41
      my cousin's Kit 269385: 34-35

      The difference at DYS459 is not extraordinary.

      However, I don't know how I should interpret the differences at DYS464 and DYS-CDY. If the paper trail that my cousin and I have is correct, would such diverse differences occur?

      When the next sale occurs, I think I should upgrade to the 67 marker or the 111 marker level.

      Thanks for any insight � I appreciate it very much.

      - Tom Weingart

      Amazing Sleep Secret
      If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, try this weird trick.
      peaklife.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic