252RE: [GenGen-NV] Help with y-DNA analysis

  • Bob Mclaren
    Mar 13, 2013

      Tom,

      First the DYS#464 results.  I suspect that your 464 results are not correct.  DYS #464 is a very difficult one to read.  So, I suspect what happened is that they had some trouble reading yours and misjudged the peaks.

      CDYa/b is highly unusual.  This is a marker with a very high mutation rate, so differences between relatives is not unusual.  However, the amount of difference in your case is unusual.

      I would contact FTDNA and ask them to reexamine 464 and CDY for you and your cousin.  Is there is still a difference at 464, I would do a 646x test on both of you.  This will read the correct number of duplicates.

      Yours aye,

      Bob McLaren